Over the last three years, the T. Howard Foundation’s Career and Alumni Services Program has experienced a tremendous increase in requests for its varied services from alumni and members of its programs, as well as the industry it serves.
In response to the demand for services, the new position of assistant program coordinator is being developed to provide much-needed support to the Career and Alumni Services Program.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Career and Alumni Services, the Assistant Program Coordinator will work closely with various audiences including THF alumni, program members and partner company contacts, in support of the coordination of program events as well as assisting with recruitment and job placement activities. The assistant coordinator will work, and will also be responsible for specific program activities.
Because this role is critical in the continued development and enhancement of various career and alumni services events and programs, it will provide the opportunity for growth, professional advancement and direct contact with THF members and partners.
The successful candidate will be exceedingly well organized and enjoy working with and supporting diverse stakeholders and programs. Most importantly, the successful candidate will demonstrate their commitment to the mission of the T. Howard Foundation.ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with executing, promoting and publicizing events hosted by THF and THF partners that meet quality expectations
- Work with staff, event participants, and partners to organize workflow, meet deadlines, and ensure event success
- Conduct pre- and post-event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Research and recommend relevant events in which to attend, participate and host, and propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Manage a high volume of job board postings (job boards and websites) and candidate screenings (review candidate resumes) and maintain applicant/candidate spreadsheet
- Schedule follow-up calls, interview debriefs, and coaching sessions with THF candidates
- Provide general administrative support to Career and Alumni Services team including but not limited to data-entry, reporting, and travel scheduling
- Create and edit presentations, templates and other professional documents for various audiences
- Perform additional duties as assigned or required
- College degree plus two (2) years of professional work experience that includes events coordination/management, customer service, and/or hospitality [Familiarity with recruitment & talent acquisition practices is a plus]
- Proficiency using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint [Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems a plus]
- Working knowledge of email marketing, web conference, scheduling and form building software is highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively under shifting priorities and multiple deadlines; and take initiative when needed
- Team player and self-starter
- Experience and comfort working with various stakeholders including students, alumni, senior managers, and board members
- Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Maintain confidentiality, integrity, and discretion when privy to sensitive information
- Ability to work extended hours, including some evenings and overnight travel
- Effectively and enthusiastically represent the mission of the Foundation
- Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 17, 2017. Please use the subject line: ASSISTANT PROGRAM COORDINATOR, CAREER AND ALUMNI SERVICES.
- Prospective candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis as received. No phone calls please.
- This position offers excellent benefits including ten days paid vacation, employee medical, dental and vision covered by the Foundation, plus a retirement plan.
- Please provide salary requirements in your cover letter when applying.
The T. Howard Foundation is an equal opportunity employer who promotes excellence through diversity and is committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.