Now Hiring: California Field Services Manager
Applications Due: January 23, 2018, 11:59 pm PT
The Safe Routes to School National Partnership
(National Partnership) is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented professional with strong active transportation technical assistance skills and a commitment to equity to join the National Partnership as our California Field Services Manager. We welcome applicants with a passion for advancing safe walking and bicycling in schools and communities and a dedication to creating livable, equitable, sustainable communities.
The Field Services Manager is part of the Program and Policy Department’s consulting team, providing technical assistance to communities through contracts and grants. The Field Services Manager is responsible for assisting in implementing a wide array of projects. Work includes developing factsheets and other written resources that help advance the field; providing workshops and assistance to communities throughout California that are looking to advance their Safe Routes to School programs; and conducting research projects into emerging issues in active transportation. In addition, the Field Services Manager assists in responding to requests for proposals and in developing leads and relationships that result in consulting contracts. The Field Services Manager works closely with other members of the Program and Policy team and National Partnership to support healthy communities, addressing technical assistance requests, developing publications, webinars, and other resources, and contributing to communications efforts.
We are particularly looking for individuals that have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in the fields of active transportation, planning, or public health.
- An ability to juggle multiple projects and obligations at a fast pace while maintaining commitment to excellence.
- Experience developing trainings and facilitating workshops for community members.
- Effective public speaking skills, with comfort presenting in front of large groups or one-on-one.
- Excellent writing skills and an interest in developing resources with appropriate tone and content for a range of audiences, including agency personnel, school district officials, advocates, and parents.
- The skillset necessary to assist communities in initiating and building strong and comprehensive Safe Routes to School programs.
- A high level of attention to detail and project management ability, paired with excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
- Experience working in building consensus with coalitions or partners with varied viewpoints.
- Project leadership experience, including developing work plans and schedules, tracking/reporting progress, managing multiple complex projects and deadlines.
- An understanding of and experience with authentic, equity-focused, community-centered engagement.
- Ability to travel to meetings, conferences, and trainings as required. Anticipated travel to be five to eight in-state trips per year with potential for limited additional out-of-state trips.
- Ability to work from home, to work independently (self-starter) and as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, organized, flexible, adaptive, detail oriented, and creative.
Please review the job description
for more details about the position responsibilities and qualifications. The salary range for this at-will position is $55,000 – $65,000 depending on experience and qualifications, plus health insurance benefits, paid time off, and optional participation in a deferred compensation plan. A PC computer, telephone and internet access will be provided. Successful candidates will work from their home office, and must be based in California.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit (via email) a cover letter, resume and three writing samples in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure that the subject line of your email includes the text “Field Services Manager.” We are not accepting email or telephone call inquiries.
Receipt of applications will be acknowledged with an email reply. Applications will be accepted until January 23, 2018, 11:59 pm PT. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply early. Telephone inquiries are not accepted.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in joining our dynamic, visionary and growing national non-profit. Visit www.saferoutespartnership.org for more information about our organization.
The Safe Routes to School National Partnership is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our staff, our work environment, and the change we want to see in our society. We value a diverse staff with a wide range of life experiences because we recognize that we are stronger when our organization and work benefit from the innovative contributions, creative solutions, practical know-how, and community insights brought by people of different backgrounds. Diversity of experience, ideas, and viewpoints is a priority, and candidates with varied education levels, skills, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of different religions, nationalities, genders, and sexual orientations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please forward this announcement to prospective candidates! Thank you.