Now Hiring: Communications and Marketing Manager
Applications Due: January 23, 2018, 11:59 pm PT
The Safe Routes to School National Partnership (National Partnership) a seeking a detail-oriented communications professional with advanced writing skills who has graphic design and social media expertise in addition to experience developing and implementing communications plans. We welcome applicants who are champions of equity with a passion for advancing healthy communities with a focus on safe walking and bicycling to school and in daily life.
The Communications and Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the communications and marketing objectives of the National Partnership. This position reports to the Executive Director and executes all online marketing tools including websites, e-newsletters, and social media as well as assists with creating and editing publications and resources. Responsibilities also include implementation of online messaging best practices of tracking and segmentation, assisting with all types of external communications, and meeting strategic objectives related to assigned programs of the organization with specific communications and marketing deliverables.
A highlight of the key responsibilities includes the following:
- In coordination with the Executive Director assist in the development and implementation of internal and external strategic communication plans; manage organizational adherence to branding standards and style guides.
- Manage content and achieve engagement metrics for the National Partnership and assigned program websites, ensuring timely postings and user engagement.
- Develop social media channels such Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and WordPress sites in states and regions as needed, creating an active community of followers.
- Serve as the site administrator for all National Partnership websites and online assets.
- Lead the design of publications, resources and social elements according to brand standards both internally and in coordination with vendors used for larger efforts.
- Maintain/manage external communication tools and activities, including the list-serve, press release distribution system, the website, and social media channels as described above.
Please review the job description
for more details about the position responsibilities and qualifications. The salary range for this at-will position is $55,000-$65,000 depending on experience and qualifications, plus health insurance benefits, paid time off, and optional participation in a deferred compensation plan. A PC computer, telephone and internet access will be provided. Successful candidates will work from their home office, and may be based anywhere in the United States.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit (via email) a cover letter, resume and three writing or design samples in one PDF file to email@example.com. Ensure that the subject line of your email includes the text “Communications and Marketing Manager.” We are not accepting email or telephone call inquiries.
Receipt of applications will be acknowledged with an email reply. Applications will be accepted until January 23, 2018. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply early. Telephone inquiries are not accepted.
The Safe Routes to School National Partnership is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our staff, our work environment, and the change we want to see in our society. We value a diverse staff with a wide range of life experiences because we recognize that we are stronger when our organization and work benefit from the innovative contributions, creative solutions, practical know-how, and community insights brought by people of different backgrounds. Diversity of experience, ideas, and viewpoints is a priority, and candidates with varied education levels, skills, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of different religions, nationalities, genders, and sexual orientations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please forward this announcement to prospective candidates! Thank you.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in joining our dynamic, visionary and growing national non-profit. Visit www.saferoutespartnership.org for more information about our organization.