Early Head Start offers comprehensive child development services, family support services and advocacy to low income pregnant women and families with children under three years of age. The program provides developmentally appropriate care and home visits to families in the Lower East Side, NY.Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and supervise the work of the staff in developing and maintaining a high quality in child development program
- Oversee services for children with special needs
- Assist in the development and implementation of staff development training and supervision.
- Supervise all classrooms to ensure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards and NYCDOHMH regulations
- Provide individual and group supervision to classroom group teachers
- Develop and supervise the implementation of the Creative Curriculum in the group classroom setting
- Provide infant/toddler development training and guidance to staff and families
- Administer and/or analyze developmental assessments for children and provide written reports to staff with anticipatory guidance and follow-up plan
- Assist staff in identifying family needs and child developmental status
- Assist staff in developing an individualized family goal plan that will enhance the development of the child and promote a positive relationship between parent and child
- Assist staff in assessing parent-child relationship and provide appropriate guidance acknowledging family and cultural influences.
- Maintain all necessary documentation
- Assist in program evaluation and community assessment
- Other duties as requested by supervisor to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Masters in Early Childhood Education, Infant/Toddler Development, Developmental Psychology or related field with specialization in infant/toddler development
- New York State Certification preferred
- Five years experience working with families and children prenatal to three years of age
- Three years experience supervising staff
- Ability to write and speak Spanish and/or Chinese preferred