Closing Date: 03/08/2018
Travel Required: Yes - Frequently
Salary Range: $34.26 - $49.29 /hourly; $71,535- $102,918 /annuallyJob Summary
“This is a statutory unclassified job, which means the incumbent service at the will of the appointing authority and does not acquire permanent status.”
This position is based out of Vadnais Heights. However, the work location is negotiable.
The incumbent in this position will lead, direct, support, and evaluate the provision of programs, employees and general support services deployed within assigned regions to ensure quality services to all persons served by Community Based Services (CBS), families and counties for the North West/Metro Residential Services region. This includes planning, implementing and evaluating the application of fiscal, human, and technical resources needed to respond to the programs and the regions current and long range projected needs.Minimum Qualifications:
__a minimum of 3 years' experience managing/supervising in a large multifaceted organization;
__ability to meet designated manager criteria under 245D.**
[**To qualify as a designate manager you must have 3 or more years supervisory level experience in a program providing direct support service to persons with disabilities or who are 65 or more years old AND
meet one of the following:
- Bachelor's in human services-related field and one (1) or more year's full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or who are 65 or more years old; OR
- Associate's in human services-related field and two (2) or more years' full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or who are 65 or more years old; OR
- Diploma in human services-related field (from an accredited postsecondary institution) and three (3) or more years' full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or who are 65 or more years old; OR
- 50 or more hours of education and training related to human services and disabilities AND four (4) or more years' full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or who are 65 or more years old under the supervision of a person who meets the qualifications in one of the categories above.
__Experience must include responsibility for:
- supervising a diverse group of professional and paraprofessional staff;
- directing the development and administration of budgets;
- development of strategic plans and policies;
- ongoing program evaluation and quality assurance; and
- promotion of positive community relations.
- a BA/BS or Master's Degree in Public Administration or closely related field
- extensive knowledge of management and administration in human resources, business, communication, legal and technical support systems
- broad-based knowledge of support services to people with disabilities
- broad-based knowledge of funding for services for people with disabilities
- skills in leadership, problem-solving, planning, communicating, organizing and direction
- ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with state, county and local agencies to develop support and auxiliary resources
- organizational analysis and design skills and the ability to relate to all types of problems and situations
This position requires successful completion of the following:
NOTE- To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that you clearly describe your experience in the areas listed.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS- The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.How to Apply
apply to the MN Careers website http://www.mn.gov/careers
Job ID 20416
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.Contact
If you have questions about the position, contact Shirley Nelson-Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact Richard Nymoen at 651.431.2901 or email@example.com
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER