Closing Date: 03/23/2018
Salary Range: $22.83 - $34.43 /hourly; $47,669 - $71,890 /annually
This position will be for three openings under the same rotating day-evening shift with varying days off.Job Summary
Forensic Services (FS) is looking for qualified candidates for a Group Supervisor Assistant position in the Assistant in the Administrative On Duty Supervisor (AODS) Pool. FS provides psychiatric evaluation and treatment services to individuals diagnosed with a mental illness who present a risk to public safety. Qualified candidates will provide team leadership to all programs and staff and work to ensure a therapeutic environment for clients. This is a full-time position working a rotating day-evening shift with varying days off. Position is eligible for full benefits and insurance coverage. Join our team as a State of Minnesota employee!
The Group Supervisor Assistant functions in a supervisory capacity in order to ensure continuity of management of all FS programs. The qualified candidate will be in charge of supervising direct care and treatment staff and provide direction to all residential staff.Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the oversight and management of FS programs by providing overall supervisory direction and support.
- As an AODS to Forensics Services programs, you'll work in very close collaboration with the other on-duty supervisors in the programs such as the charge registered nurse in each program, the supervisors on duty in Minnesota Security Hospital and the physical plant supervisor on-call.
- Work in collaboration with the staffing office to assign work to employees to meet program objectives, coordinate patterns, assign overtime and shift schedules.
- As an AODS to Forensic Services programs, you'll assist in ensuring qualified personnel are assigned to the work areas and have the resources in order to function in a manner consistent with internal and external policies, standards, and regulations.
- Contribute to the continuous management of FS, assisting in training of employees regarding the performance of job responsibilities and tasks so that the essential program functions are completed effectively and efficiently.
- Assist and support all staff regarding procedures and policies so they are fully understood and correctly implemented.
- Serve as a resource to Executive On Duty staff.
To qualify you must have:
__a minimum of one year supervisory experience in a secure environment providing direct supervision of security or patient/client care programs to patients/clients committed as sexual psychopathic personalities, sexually dangerous persons, mentally ill and dangerous, or with developmental disabilities, who present a risk to public safety;
__a minimum of two years leadwork or professional experience in a secure environment providing counseling, rehabilitative patient care, or direction of client care programs for patients committed as sexual psychopathic personalities, sexually dangerous persons, mentally ill and dangerous, or with developmental disabilities who present a risk to public safety.
A Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Rehabilitation Therapy, Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences or a related field may be substituted for 6 months of experience at this level OR one year of supervisory experience may be substituted for a maximum of 6 months of experience at this level. (NOTE: Supervisory experience does not need to be within a secure environment).
__an equivalent combination of the above.Additional Requirements
This position requires successful completion of the following:
NOTE: To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
EDUCATION VERIFICATION - Applicants will be required to provide a copy of their high school diploma at time of interview OR copies of their college transcript or college degree/diploma at time of interview. Copies of the college degree/diploma are acceptable ONLY if it clearly identifies the field in which it was earned.Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our Mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.How to Apply
apply to the MN Careers website http://www.mn.gov/careers
Job ID 20710
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.Contact
If you have questions about the position, contact Tom Christensen at email@example.com
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERApply Here