Salesforce Database Administrator Organization
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org
). Description & Responsibilities
The Salesforce Database Administrator manages the Ceres’ organizational database, implemented on the Salesforce.com platform. He/she serves as the manager of the system and data; implementing best practices. This role is a resource for staff, answering questions, running queries, and making updates to the system. The administrator also carries out daily maintenance functions on the system to ensure clean and current data. The database is used to track our individual and organizational partners, donors and prospects, communications recipients, action items, annual planning goals, and coordinate how we work with external partners. The Salesforce database integrates with Ceres’ website as part of a comprehensive, data-centric approach to our work. This position reports directly to the Senior Department Director of Human Resources and Operations. This job is an opportunity for an organized, detail-oriented, energetic, and trustworthy individual to work with program staff across Ceres. This is a full-time position based in Boston, MA.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Ceres’ Salesforce database, for 100+ users
- Develop processes to monitor data quality and integrity
- Perform regular database de-duping and cleanup procedures
- Manage ongoing support requests and administrative needs of users
- Develop reports / dashboards to increase the effectiveness of the database system for staff
- Support relationship management with Salesforce Foundation
- Documentation – (Standards and policing use / work with Program Directors for implementation and usage)
- Set best practices standards and support IT Systems Associate in training all staff to use system in that manner
- Conduct annual assessment of user interaction with tool and communicate findings into training plans for following year
- Survey user adoption rates and work with IT Systems Associate as needed (additional training sessions, communication, modifications, or other resources)
- Attend annual conferences or local seminars sponsored by Salesforce to remain up-to-date on their system and accompanying apps
- Conduct annual assessment of database tool and report to Director on improvements to be made
- Identify new and creative opportunities for programs teams, Development and Communications to leverage the database to support additional business processes or functions
- Stay up-to-date on the latest technology releases, applications, integrations, and opportunities
- Platform Maintenance and Improvements
- Evaluate and propose new products to enhance the use-ability of Salesforce
- Work with Communications, Development, and Program teams to ensure consistent integration of Salesforce with proposed or current web interface
- Engage with outside consultants to create operational solutions in the database
- Work with external consultant to upgrade current Salesforce platform to newer one
Organizational Support: As a member of the Operations Team, the Database Administrator may be asked by the Director to provide technical or administrative support on team or organizational issues. Qualifications
How to Apply
- A Bachelor degree, required.
- 3 years of applicable CRM work experience, required.
- At minimum, 4-5 years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Salesforce.com platform, required.
- Excellent project management skills. Proven track record of achieving results.
- Proficient in data manipulation.
- Demonstrated experience working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of donor databases and database integration for websites preferred.
- Prior experience with technology support preferred, or an aptitude for learning technology quickly.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization.
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Desire to work in a mission-driven, non-profit organization.
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org
. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed. Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.