Under general direction, executes technology assessments based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and requirements. Provide recommendations for process improvements in technology service areas, including analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Conducts business process analyses and needs assessments and develops specific technology solutions and service requirements.
- Analyzes, documents, and validates requirements for changes to business processes, policies, and information systems.
- Leads the analysis phase of technology assessments for colleges and divisions.
- Provides recommendations and solutions for organization needs using new business ideas and concepts through the use of technology.
- Embraces and leads change within the organization; identifies areas where changes are needed, provides recommendations and solutions for business process improvements and collaborates with operational managers to implement changes.
- Facilitates workshops and discussions related to service and process improvements, evaluates the information gathered, and provides recommendations for further consideration by executives and management.
- Conducts extensive research on current and emerging technologies in higher education, benchmarks services, and provides recommendations for implementation.
- Works closely with IT project managers and may manage smaller IT projects as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Requires a Bachelor's degree and 5 years' job-related experience.A thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline is essential. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.OUR BENEFITS:
The University of Houston is constantly seeking talented people to join our team and offers a very competitive benefits package that includes:
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- Access to the state-of-the-art Campus Recreation and Wellness Center
- On-campus Day Care Facilities
- Free employee medical coverage
- On-campus Health Center (medical clinic, dental services, pharmacy, immunizations, etc.)
- Retirement plans
- Tuition scholarships and much more!