Directs the operational, financial and human resources activities of the Web Technologies Department of Information Technology.
- Provides leadership and consultation to the UH System and University of Houston in the areas of Internet, intranet and communication technologies.
- Directs department operations and administration.
- Directs the design, implementation and maintenance of internationally accessible internet services.
- Directs the design, implementation and maintenance of UH System and campus intranet services.
- Provides policy and guidelines to the System and University in the areas of internet and intranet communications.
- Directs the communications function of Information Technology.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
The Manager of Web Technology Mobile Strategy reports to the director of Web & Communication Services and is one of several management positions responsible the delivery of services that facilitate communications and the delivery of services through web technologies.
The Manager of Web Technology Mobile Strategy is responsible for the development and implementation of the institutional strategy for the delivery of information and services to mobile devices for the University of Houston and the UH System. The incumbent provides leadership and consultation to the UH System and University of Houston in the areas of mobile app development, needs assessment and collaboration on the official mobile app.
The position will have a strong understanding of managing:
· Mobile strategy based on needs assessment, collaboration and surveying students.
· All phases of multiple mobile application development projects including budget, revenue streams, time management and resource deployment.
· Innovative support and technical assistance to our internal customers.
· Current projects and campaigns from a consultative perspective and identity various ways for UH to improve upon its service delivery of them.
· Opportunities to improve service delivery to students, efficiencies of scale and ease of use on all mobile devices.
· Audiences in need of or could benefit from utilizing our mobile application solutions.
· Prune a myriad of over 17 UH Mobile Apps and strategize with present and potential customers which demonstrate how they can utilize those concepts to create an all in one app serving the needs of the University.
· Strategic business relationships with new and existing customers.
· The Modo Labs application development platform and the app development process as it specifically applies to the Modo Lab products.
Requires a Bachelor's degree and 5 years job-related experience.A thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline is essential. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.OUR BENEFITS:
The University of Houston is constantly seeking talented people to join our team and offers a very competitive benefits package that includes:
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- Access to the state-of-the-art Campus Recreation and Wellness Center
- On-campus Day Care Facilities
- Free employee medical coverage
- On-campus Health Center (medical clinic, dental services, pharmacy, immunizations, etc.)
- Retirement plans
- Tuition scholarships and much more!