Manages and administers software development and maintenance projects for Enterprise level computing systems in support of one or more UH campuses.
- Researches, recommends and implements technology-based opportunities for improving administrative operations.
- Selects, supervises, trains and provides technical work direction to application developers (computing systems analysts and programmers).
- Processes requests for data and functionality, and designs and develops data structures and application functionality.
- Administers application systems and database projects, and supports production systems.
- Authorizes and monitors data access and production software changes; bills and collects fees for services to external agencies.
- Advises councils and committees on systems issues; participates in budgeting and strategic planning.
- Writes standards, policies, project plans, and status reports.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelor's degree and 5 years job-related experience. A thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline essential. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. OUR BENEFITS:
The University of Houston is constantly seeking talented people to join our team and offers a very competitive benefits package that includes:
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- Access to the state-of-the-art Campus Recreation and Wellness Center
- On-campus Day Care Facilities
- Free employee medical coverage
- On-campus Health Center (medical clinic, dental services, pharmacy, immunizations, etc.)
- Retirement plans
- Tuition scholarships and much more!