Analyzes, develops, modifies, and provides technical expertise for enterprise application systems and programs utilizing core and non-core technologies, under minimal supervision.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, modifies and troubleshoots enterprise application systems and ad-hoc programs in accordance with standards.
- Analyzes complex enterprise application processes and integrated computer systems and their underlying data structures; identifies and resolves problems.
- Defines, analyzes and documents business processes, practices and requirements for enterprise application systems.
- Assists users in testing business processes; defines, conducts and monitors system test procedures.
- Documents tables, data structures, run streams, and programs according to generally accepted practices.
- Develops technical documents pertaining to enterprise application system design and programming requirements; develops user manuals.
- Uses core technologies to design, code, test, debug, modify and troubleshoot enterprise application systems.
- Stays abreast of new technologies and techniques.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor's degree and 3 years job-related experience.A thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline essential. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.OUR BENEFITS:
The University of Houston is constantly seeking talented people to join our team and offers a very competitive benefits package that includes:
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- Access to the state-of-the-art Campus Recreation and Wellness Center
- On-campus Day Care Facilities
- Free employee medical coverage
- On-campus Health Center (medical clinic, dental services, pharmacy, immunizations, etc.)
- Retirement plans
- Tuition scholarships and much more!