Salary Range: $20.01 - $28.19/hourly; $41,781 - $58,861/annuallyJob Summary
The Heath Information Management Systems (HIMS) Medical Records Technician II position is responsible for abstraction, analysis, auditing and investigation, reporting and follow up for quality and safety indicators from internal and external initiatives to improve patient care, processes of care and outcomes. This position will be responsible for reviewing medical records for potential cases reported by multiple sources, abstracting clinical and other supporting documentation.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Respond to requests for release of patient information from the medical record, ensuring that all data privacy rules, state and federal statues are met.
- Assist in coordination of completion of required documentation to meet statutory requirements as defined in the MN Commitment Act ensuring timely completion and distribution of information.
- Manage data collection of Health Information statistical data as required by accrediting and licensing agencies.
- Assist and participate in tasks as identified in the operation of the Health Information Management Services Department.
- Certification as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA, formerly the American Medical Records Association).
- Advanced computer and internet skills required, including familiarity and comfort with MS Office products
- Experience working with Electronic Health Record Systems.
- Experience with medical terminology.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to evaluate and present data to other professionals, including physicians, in a clear concise manner
- Knowledgeable of hospital systems and workflow
- Quality Improvement or patient safety knowledge and experience
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that you clearly describe your experience in the areas listed above.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
EDUCATION VERIFICATION - Applicants will be required to provide a copy of their high school diploma at time of interview OR copies of their college transcript or college degree/diploma at time of interview. Copies of the college degree/diploma are acceptable ONLY if it clearly identifies the field in which it was earnedWhy Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.How to Apply
apply to the MN Careers website http://www.mn.gov/careers
Job ID 21460
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.Contact
If you have questions about the position, contact Nicole Bauer at firstname.lastname@example.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERApply Here