$16.16 - $21.42 /hourly; $33,742 - $44,742 /annually
The Minnesota Security Hospital is seeking well qualified candidates to fulfill a new and recently created position as Unit Coordinator, providing office and administrative support and coordination to the Forensic Acute Care Program in our Transition Readiness unit.
The Unit Coordinator will perform and should be experienced with various clerical functions, including: transcription (meeting minutes), copying and distributing documents, processing legal documents; collecting, tracking and summarizing data; overseeing administrative record management and movement; maintaining current employee and patient information systems, ordering and maintaining of supplies. In addition: scheduling and coordinating rooms for a variety of meetings and schedule, train and give technical guidance to co-workers.
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are required for the Unit Coordinator to provide internal customers with information, assistance and services. Issues may require explanations of somewhat complicated procedures and/or cover multiple program areas. Contacts include communications with various outside agencies as well as the general public. This position will be responsible for assisting with managing Clinical Review requirements and other clerical needs for the unit with the goal of creating an increased capacity for clinical staff to provide more clinical services.
This Unit Coordinator will report to the MSH Program Director leadership and interacts daily with patients, treatment team members, as well as unit staff in other locations and programs on campus. This Unit Coordinator also interacts with members of the general public when coordinating treatment team reviews, specialty services (assessments, interpreters, etc.), and other activities necessary for the functioning of these work areas.Minimum Qualifications:
- Customer Services skill sufficient to provide information to clients, including phone calls and walkin contacts in helpful and courteous manner.
- Data Entry skills sufficient to create database records and update entries or create and apply the basics of spreadsheets and supply/retrieve information in databases.
- Database Management skills sufficient to maintain a database system and records.
- Desktop Publishing skills sufficient to produce materials and develop and maintain mailing lists and other documentation accurately and with proficiency.
- Spreadsheets skills sufficient to develop and modify basic spreadsheets; and sort and extract data.
- Word processing skills sufficient to develop and modify a variety of correspondence, records and reports; perform mail merges, develop forms and charts.
- Typing/Keyboarding skills sufficient to complete a variety of reports, letters and data summaries
- Stenography skills sufficient to take meeting minutes using shorthand.
- Dictaphone/Tape transcription training/experience or ability to type accurately and efficiently from recorded copy.
- Driver's License (possession of valid driver's license as required for the assigned work) possession of valid driver's license as required for the assigned work.
- English Language skills sufficient to compose correspondence with accurate spelling, grammar and punctuation; and to communicate effectively with coworkers, customers and the general public.
- Math skills sufficient to add, subtract, divide, and calculate averages.
- Physical Demands standing, sitting, pulling, stooping; ability to lift and move paper and batched documents of up to 20 pounds; ability to move arms on a continual basis sufficient to open mail, sort and file documents.
Why Work For Us
- Previous work experience in a Healthcare setting.
- Clerical or administrative experience in a Healthcare setting.
- Advanced office technological skills.
- Superb communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to demonstrate and maintain excellent organizational skills.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.How to Apply
apply to the MN Careers website http://www.mn.gov/careers
Job ID 21528
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.Contact
If you have questions about the position, contact Taylor Stiff at firstname.lastname@example.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERApply Here