Magoosh is seeking a Product Manager to identify and validate new courses and bring them to market. We currently have courses for many standardized tests including the GRE, SAT, ACT, MCAT, and more. We’d like to expand our offerings to many other courses, including those outside of traditional test prep, ranging from Writing to Data Science. This is a highly cross-functional role, so we’re looking for someone with excellent communication (verbal and written). We’re really excited about the possibilities and believe these new courses can generate over $1M in incremental annual revenue within a few years.
You’ll work closely with the CEO and the Head of Product to identify the strategy for testing these products. You’ll also work closely with our Content and Marketing teams to build the courses and share them with the world.
This position is a full time, in-office position based in the Magoosh office in Berkeley, CA with an annual salary of $144,000- $162,000 depending on experience. You must be authorized to work in the US. In this position, you will…
You have many of the following…Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even you don’t meet all the below!
- Identify which courses we should test, conducting market research on trends, size, willingness to pay, competitive landscape and more
- For each course, determine which assumptions (e.g., awareness, conversion, product quality) are most critical to validate early, and validate those assumptions as quickly as possible
- Work with our Content team to build out course material and learn about our course creation process, jumping in as needed
- Work with our Marketing team to build out content marketing and lead gen materials and learn about our marketing strategies (e.g. SEO, video, etc.), jumping in as needed
- Assess whether we should accelerate growth of new courses through acquisitions
- Have experience getting a product to product-market fit either at a startup or as a product extension at a bigger company with some success
- Have tested and validated assumptions with minimal resources
- Have conducted market research
- Have built partnerships with other companies / individuals as needed to accelerate time to market
- Have conducted user research and usability tests
- Have experience with data analysis (experience with Google Analytics, Mixpanel, and SQL are a plus!)
- Have excellent written and verbal communication
- Have worked collaboratively across several departments and functions with a high degree of success
- Have the ability and enjoy finding creative solutions and jumping in wherever needed (e.g. you are willing and able to help with hiring for a contract blogger if the marketing team doesn’t have time)
- A passion for making a difference and leveling the education playing field (bonus: have experience in online education.)
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post
Want to know more about employee perks? Visit out our benefits and perks doc
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.