Assistant, Climate & Energy Organization
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org
). Description & Responsibilities
We seek an energetic go-getter to assist senior level climate and energy staff at Ceres. The primary duties are supporting the Vice President of Climate & Energy. The secondary duties are supporting various senior climate and energy staff members at Ceres, as prioritized by the Vice President. The climate and energy program areas are focused on the electric power, transportation, oil & gas and insurance sectors, and entail regular collaboration with Ceres’ Investor, Corporate, Non-Government Organization (NGO), and policy partners. This position provides a combination of administrative and programmatic support, and is based in Boston, MA.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide support for the Vice President of Climate & Energy and other senior climate and energy staff on meetings, often including taking minutes during meetings;
- Provide support for the Vice President of Climate & Energy and other senior climate and energy staff on scheduling, travel logistics, funding engagements, webinars, PowerPoint presentations and team meetings;
- Act as primary point of contact for the Vice President of Climate & Energy, prioritize phone calls and correspondence, determine actions and ensure appropriate follow-through;
- Help develop and manage program support systems, including organization-wide tools and resources for annual planning, activities/events, tracking deliverables, and calendars;
- Perform clerical tasks such as filing, photocopying, sending correspondence and preparing expense documentation and reimbursement requests;
- As prioritized by the Vice President of Climate & Energy, perform administrative tasks such as sending correspondence, photocopying, organizing mailings, taking notes, providing database support, and tracking results for climate and energy program staff working under deadline;
- Support Vice President of Climate & Energy and other senior climate and energy staff on fundraising activities, including but not limited to coordinating meetings with funders and pulling together data for reports;
- Provide support to the Vice President of Climate & Energy and other senior climate and energy staff for activities related to Ceres’ annual conference, biennial Investor Summit or other organization-wide events.
How to Apply
- Minimum of one year of relevant work experience and bachelor degree required;
- Knowledge of, or experience with, energy, climate change or sustainability issues – understanding of the role of business, the investment community, or NGOs a plus;
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, superior leadership ability, strong initiative and motivation;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Experience as an assistant to a senior staff member, a plus;
- Successful record of organizing and advancing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent research capabilities;
- Strong oral skills;
- Highly developed writing skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;.
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications;
- Familiarity with Salesforce, a plus.
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org
. If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed. Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation