Do you have a passion for cooking? If so, put your passion to work as a Cook in our kitchen located on the campus of the St. Peter Regional Treatment Center. The cook will be responsible for proper food preparation in order to provide quality meals while following specific diets as necessary.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Prepare food for regular and therapeutic diets.
• Responsible for food and supplies that are delivered to the kitchen and to maintain freshness and quality of products.
• Attend educational programs and Nutrition Services department meetings in order to keep current with departmental goals and objectives.
• Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work area per Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) program and State, Federal, and St. Peter Regional Treatment Center (SPRTC) regulations and guidelines.
• Perform other food service related tasks as assigned by supervisor so that all dietary responsibilities are accomplished and as appropriate.
• Knowledge of large-scale cooking methods and equipment sufficient to prepare and serve food for a large number of people and adjust recipes to accommodate different numbers of people.
• Knowledge of food values and nutrition sufficient to prepare items from standard recipes. Some facilities require the ability to prepare special medical diets.
• Knowledge of health and safety principles involved in food preparation operations sufficient to prepare and serve safe and healthy meals.
• Ability to follow oral instructions and read and comprehend written instructions.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply to the MN Careers website http://www.mn.gov/careers Job ID 24743.
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/dm2sv6t5x6s7rhsm