Come make a difference in people's lives as a Work Therapy Assistant with Forensic Services located in St. Peter. The Work Therapy Assistant is responsible for delivering vocational services to Forensic Services patients who are learning vocational skills necessary for successful community integration.Duties for this position include
- Create and implement work activity and industrial therapy programs in order to maintain a realistic and therapeutic work experience.
- Teach appropriate work behaviors, habits, and job skill development.
- Provide supervision and training to patients while maintaining a safe environment
- Monitor progress, supervise, and tailor work as needed
- Contribute ongoing support in all areas by working within a wide range of vocational programs.
- Knowledge of work activity program development sufficient to design work therapy plans for clients.
- Organizational skill sufficient to design work areas and development processes.
- Knowledge of client groups sufficient to accommodate for special limitations in the work setting.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools sufficient to instruct others in their safe operation and adapt or modify tools to accommodate physical and/or mental limitations.
- Knowledge of behavior modification techniques sufficient to implement prescribed programs.
- Math ability sufficient to calculate employee payroll.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Obtain and maintain CDL-Class B license.
How to Apply
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Labor standards
apply to the MN Careers website http://www.mn.gov/careers
Job ID 24808
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERApply Here