Minnesota – Work from Home
$35.74 - $51.41 /hourly; $74,625 - $107,344 /annually
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment Services (MHSATS) is seeking a visionary and resourceful leader for the role of Security and Technology Director. With 17 distinct facilities located throughout Minnesota, MHSATS is a network of state-operated hospitals and residential treatment programs that serve individuals with mental illness and chemical dependency.
The primary function of this position is to manage the continuing security and technology operations, changes, updates and activities at all secure and non-secure facilities across MHSATS to ensure that program goals are met for a secure, safe, humane and cost-effective operation. The Security and Technology Director is ultimately responsible for all security and technology services and processes across the MHSATS system of care, in support of the facilities' mission of providing for the safety and well-being of those served.Job Description:
- Oversee round-the-clock security activities of the MHSATS facilities to provide a safe, controlled environment for patients, staff, volunteers and visitors while ensuring public safety.
- Establish goals for security operations and technology needs and help shape the strategic and tactical direction of MHSATS to achieve short and long-term objectives.
- Continuously evaluate current needs and developments, and determine necessary actions to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, needed policy changes, clarifying operating procedures and initiating security/technology discussions at the executive level and across business lines.
- Collaborate with others to identify the budget necessary to support the security and technology needs within MHSATS so expenditures are identified so costs remain within the available appropriation.
NOTE: This position requires regular travel throughout Minnesota. The person in this position will work primarily from home, aside from the first six (6) months of employment, during which the selected candidate will be required to work from either a local MHSATS facility or DHS Central Office in St. Paul. Relocation expense reimbursement is available for candidates who do not currently live in Minnesota.Benefits:
- Provide leadership through new construction and remodel projects of MHSATS facilities.
The State of Minnesota offers an excellent employee benefits package, including low-cost medical and dental insurance with affordable dependent coverage, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.Minimum Qualifications:
- Supervisory experience in a hospital, correctional, or similar secure and/or treatment setting.
- At least five (5) years of specialized professional work experience designing, implementing, and evaluating the effectiveness of security protocols, programs, strategies and training.
- Knowledge of behaviors found in secure and/or treatment populations, as well as appropriate response techniques to avoid or downscale violent behavior.
- Knowledge of business practices related to management, staffing, contracts, procurement, and fiscal supervision.
- Communication, human relations, and conflict resolution skills sufficient to relay sensitive information to staff, patients, the public, law enforcement personnel, and other state agencies and to elicit cooperation to resolve difficult and potentially dangerous situations affecting the safety and security of patients, staff, and the public.
Apply online by WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 1st atwww.mn.gov/careers, search for job ID# 24832HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE APPLICATION & WEBSITE?
- Experience working in a large healthcare organization.
- Knowledge of legal processes related to civil commitment.
Contact the helpdesk at 651-259-3637 or email@example.com
You can also visit http://www.mn.gov/mmb/careers/applicant-help
.Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.Apply Here