The Senior Director - Market Research and Intelligence will be responsible for the strategy, management and financial performance of the AHA Center for Health Innovation's market intelligence and insights products, including those available as member benefit and for commercial purchase. As the product manager of a new product category, this person will drive the development of new market intelligence products to the health care field. The ideal candidate synthesizes complex data from a variety of sources, identifies insights and translates these to drive market awareness and action.
Duties include identifying market needs and opportunities, building business cases, defining solution requirements, securing needed resources, and managing a team of professionals to design, develop, and deliver the portfolio of products and services for this line of business.
Creates product road maps and content calendars. Collaborates with analysts and other content creators, web designers, multimedia producers, and data scientists across the association -- and with third-parties -- to build and maintain market intelligence products such as a weekly insights e-newsletter; long-form market trend and other research reports; short-form content to promote long-form reports; and bench marking tools.
1. Develops and executes the AHA Center for Health Innovation's market intelligence strategy and product plan to ensure the development and delivery of highly valued content, tools and other resources.
2. Establishes and manages annual revenue and expense budget for the product category. Updates forecasts, manages expenses and ensures budget goals are achieved.
3. Proposes and/or analyzes and vets new products for development. Maintains product development and feature enhancement road maps, as needed.
4. Works with internal and external subject matter experts, thought leaders, and instructors to ensure educational programs are designed to meet the learning needs of AHA members and constituents.
5. Vets and develops strategic partnerships with other organizations to co-produce market intelligence and insights.
6. Supervises team of analysts and content creators; holds team accountable to assigned performance metrics and tactics. Encourages growth of individual team members.
7. Collaborates with other AHA teams and business units to synthesize research and data from a wide variety of sources, including policy, field engagement and AHA data assets to create unique products and insights for the field.
Advanced knowledge of online content development and deployment best practices. Knowledge of product management methods. Knowledge of how product management, sales, marketing and customer service work together. Knowledge of professional services/consultative services practices. Basic knowledge of corporate accounting practices.
Advanced computer and Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
with e-mail marketing platforms and Content Management Systems preferred.
with a customer relationship management system preferred.
with data visualization tools preferred. Ability to learn new technology.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Ability to analyze data and information, discern patterns, develop innovative solutions; to work with ambiguity and able to flex as situations and environments require. Ability to manage and deliver multiple projects within deadlines and keep abreast of best practices in field and offer innovative solutions.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, which includes medical/dental coverage (PPO/HMO), vision care, life insurance, short and long-term disability plans, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid vacation/holidays/sick days, wellness programs and more!
The American Hospital Association (AHA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call (312) 422-3000and ask for the Director, Human Resources and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The AHA participates in the E-Verify Program.
Bachelors or better in BUSINESS MANAGEMENT or related field.
Bachelors or better in Communication or related field.
Bachelors or better in Marketing or related field.
1 year: Supervisory experience with managing and developing a team.
in developing product or content strategy
8-10 years: Product management, research, consulting, marketing or content development experience.
2 years: Health care experience in developing tools and resources to support health care professions.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.