Rick Steves’ Europe (RSE) is looking for an experienced radio producer to join our team in Edmonds, WA. The ideal candidate will have a background in producing public radio and a thorough knowledge of current events. Familiarity with authors and issues in the field of travel is preferred. This position reports to the Executive Radio Producer. For more about our radio program, please visit: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/audio/radio.
Rick Steves' Europe is a leading travel company that provides a casual, rewarding work environment in scenic Edmonds, about 30 minutes north of Seattle, WA. We are dedicated to the cause of smart travel. In addition to our popular travel guidebooks, we also offer European tours; produce a public television series, weekly radio show and podcasts; maintain an extensive travel website; teach travel classes; and market an exclusive line of travel gear.
- Assist with the audio editing process to ensure timings and volumes are within the program’s parameters
- Edit raw interviews and recording sessions to public radio production standards
- Assist with preparation for Rick’s interviews with various guests prior to scheduled recording sessions
- Organize and file interview notes, archive audio and program materials, and perform other administrative tasks as needed
- Assist with contacting and scheduling guests and publicists for recording sessions, including follow-up correspondence
- Help organize prospective listener-callers and e-mails received from web blasts during the days just prior to the scheduled recording sessions
- Field and screen calls during recording sessions. Greet in-person guests and facilitate preparation in studio. Coordinate follow-up, if needed
- B.S. or B.A. in Communications, Broadcasting, or related field
- 5+ years production and sound editing experience
- Previous experience in public radio programming or related field
- Competency in radio editing software, including Adobe Audition
- Knowledge of current events, authors, and issues in the field of travel
- Knowledge of RSE’s travel philosophy
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good public relations skills, particularly interacting with the public over the phone and by e-mail
- Extensive travel experience
- Proficiency in Excel preferred
To Apply: To view open positions and apply for jobs at Rick Steves’ Europe, please visit our Careers Page
and complete the online application.
No phone calls please.