We are currently looking for a Manager, Business Analysis to join our Consumer and Marketplace Insights team at our headquarters in Richmond, VA. The talented individual we seek will be responsible for analyzing consumer and marketplace information to produce actionable consumer-centric insights that drive brand strategies and innovation.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze a broad range of marketplace and consumer trends including pricing, promotions, trade channels, competitive activities and brand performance.
- Integrate consumer and marketplace data and analysis from multiple sources to generate consumer-centric insights and provide actionable business recommendations
- Lead and inspire others with engaging communications in writing and verbally, ability to tell a "story" with a point of view
- Proactively develop and execute analytics to achieve business objectives as a cross-functional team member, working collaboratively within framework of general goals, concepts and policies
- Manage and develop project pipelines while working independently on multiple projects and priorities in rapidly changing environment
- Build client relationships and serve as strategic thinking partner to stakeholders
- Build internal and external network, and engage on business and technical issues
We are seeking a results driven team player with a sound understanding and broad experience in analytical methods.
Other qualifications include:
- Minimum eight years of relevant analytics, Market Research or consulting experience (CPG industry a plus)
- High level of proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Excel & PowerPoint. Working knowledge of SAS, SPSS, Python or R and data visualization and analysis tools such as Tableau preferred. Must be knowledgeable of different quantitative research techniques and familiar with various primary and secondary data sources
- Ability to translate analytical results to business implications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment
- Effectively interact with senior level management
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, and the creativity to find and try new solutions
- Strategic thinking and consultative skills, a sense of urgency and curiosity, and the courage and confidence to debate
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy, planning issues, resource allocation, and priority setting
- Bachelor's degree is required, a graduate degree (MBA or MS in Statistics, Economics or Analytics) is preferred
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company whose mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. Altria owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies' brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country's top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.