Saint Michael's College delivers a compelling, world-class education in a beautiful Vermont setting. Our connected community allows students to form close relationships with each other and accomplished faculty and staff members, providing an ideal learning environment where they have the space and support to challenge themselves and their peers. As a fully residential college located minutes from Burlington, one of the country's top-rated college towns, Saint Michael's offers an unparalleled mix of academic, spiritual, cultural, service and wilderness experiences. Saint Michael's is among the elite ranks of only 283 colleges and universities nationwide allowed to host a Phi Beta Kappa national honor society chapter on campus, making it clear why Newsweek magazine labeled the college a "hidden treasure" that "deserves more national recognition." The College is included in the Princeton Review's Best 379 Colleges, earning a spot on the Green College Honor Roll for demonstrating a strong commitment to sustainability. Surrounded by the beautiful Green Mountains and Lake Champlain, and only 3.5 hours from Boston and 1.5 hours from Montreal, the area offers abundant recreational and cultural opportunities. To learn more, visit smcvt.edu. Job Description:
The successful candidate will have responsibility for course instruction, program oversight, adjunct hire and support, admission review, student advising, coordination of off campus contracted courses, and contributing membership in the Education Department. The position is a full-time, 10-month position. Course and program responsibilities will dictate the semester schedule.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), employee and dependent tuition benefits, and discounted gym membership.Requirements:
- Course load may include: School Leadership; Legal and Financial Management of Schools; Assessment into Action: Using Data to Improve Student Learning; Supervision, Evaluation and Teacher Development; Educational Foundations; Educational Research; and/or Leadership Practicum.
- Respond to all contract course inquiries including assessing, processing and approving contract courses; and provide income analysis and annual forecast for contracted courses to program director.
- Respond to School Leadership Program admission inquiries, conduct interviews and make admission recommendations to the program director, and provide program guidance and support for all degree and endorsement candidates within the School Leadership Program.
- Attend and participate in Education Department Meetings.
- Actively promote the leadership program and recruit program candidates.
- Maintain a working relationship with regional partners and Vermont school districts.
- Master's degree (doctorate preferred).
- Five years or more of public school experience as a successful school leader; leadership or experience in special education preferred.
- An understanding of the Vermont Agency of Education and Vermont Standards Board for Professional Educators laws, rules, and regulations that govern school administrative endorsements.
- Ability to incorporate a variety of perspectives and prepare educators for working in diverse and inclusive environments.
- A record of successful instruction; minimum of five years teaching experience at K-12 level required; additional teaching at master's degree level preferred.
- An ability to communicate successfully with students, colleagues, college staff, and external partners.
- Organizational and collaborative skills.
- An ability to successfully integrate technology for instructional and administrative responsibilities.
An offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Additional Information:
Saint Michael's College, inspired by our Edmundite Catholic mission, is committed to diversity and inclusion across our campus community. We are committed to attracting and supporting faculty and staff that fully represent the racial, ethnic, religious, and cultural diversity of the nation, and we actively seek applications from underrepresented groups. Applicants are invited to include in their cover letter and other documents information about how they may contribute to our goal through their research, teaching and/or service.
The mission of the Education Programs at Saint Michael's College is to contribute to the intellectual, ethical, social, and spiritual development of individuals and culture, with an emphasis on creativity, curiosity, contemplation, collaboration, social justice, and sustainability.
Saint Michael's College is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, in compliance with applicable provisions of state and federal law that prohibit discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or military service status, HIV-positive test result status, genetic information, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic, as such characteristics and prohibitions are defined by applicable law. The College will not rely inappropriately on such characteristics, or upon related stereotypes or biases, in making employment-related decisions. Also, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship or otherwise would not be required by applicable law, the College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, as well as any employee who is limited in her ability to perform the functions of her job because of pregnancy, childbirth or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth. Application Instructions:
Please be prepared to attach the following documents after clicking on Apply Now button:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references (reference letters will be requested at a later time from top candidates)
Review of applications will begin on January 2nd and continue until the position is filled.
Effective start date is targeted to be July 1, 2019.
No phone calls, emails or walk-ins please.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/m76mq3v7g3f43q3d