Saint Michael's College delivers a compelling, world-class education in a beautiful Vermont setting. Our connected community allows students to form close relationships with each other and accomplished faculty and staff members, providing an ideal learning environment where they have the space and support to challenge themselves and their peers. As a fully residential college located minutes from Burlington, one of the country's top-rated college towns, Saint Michael's offers an unparalleled mix of academic, spiritual, cultural, service and wilderness experiences. Saint Michael's is among the elite ranks of only 283 colleges and universities nationwide allowed to host a Phi Beta Kappa national honor society chapter on campus, making it clear why Newsweek magazine labeled the college a "hidden treasure" that "deserves more national recognition." The College is included in the Princeton Review's Best 379 Colleges, earning a spot on the Green College Honor Roll for demonstrating a strong commitment to sustainability. Surrounded by the beautiful Green Mountains and Lake Champlain, and only 3.5 hours from Boston and 1.5 hours from Montreal, the area offers abundant recreational and cultural opportunities. To learn more, visit smcvt.edu.
Saint Michael's College recently approved new programs in Health Science, Public Health and a minor in Health Care Administration. The Department of Business Administration and Accounting (DBAA) invites applications for a Visiting Assistant Professor OR an Instructor of Management and Health Care Administration beginning Fall 2019 for a full-time 3-year term. There is potential for conversion to tenure-track (for Assistant Professor rank) or renewal (for Instructor rank) during or at the end of the term. To be eligible for a potential conversion to tenure-track, Visiting Assistant Professor candidates must show evidence of achieved and/or potential published peer-reviewed scholarship. Consideration is given to candidates who are accomplished leaders in their academic/professional community.
The department offers a full range of courses to support majors and minors in both Business Administration and Accounting, as well as upper-level electives in accounting, finance, international business, management and marketing. On average about 20% of the college's students choose one or both of the department's majors.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build the Health Care Administration minor and design appropriate courses related to three content areas: health care management, health care financial analysis, and health care industry analysis. Specific teaching assignments and responsibilities will be based on the successful candidate's field of expertise and will include both introductory and upper level management and Health Care Administration ("HC") courses. Candidates must be able to teach in at least two of the content areas. Examples of courses may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Overview of Healthcare Systems Management
Health Care Project Management
Healthcare Financial Management
Analysis of Health Care Information Systems
Health Care Industry Analysis
Integrative Business Strategy for Health Services
Health Care System Design and Innovation
Health Care Law
The successful candidate will receive an advising load of approximately 30 students and teach six courses per year. The candidate will teach at least one HC course plus one or two DBAA required courses each semester. The successful candidate will demonstrate promise of departmental and institutional collegiality and citizenship which will include student advising, participation in department and college meetings/assignments, program and curricular development, teamwork and effective communication skills, and periodic mentoring/coaching student teams or associations. Innovative approaches to teaching, including those employing technology and experiential learning, are welcomed. Additionally he or she will be able to demonstrate a commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity in their work and teaching.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), employee and dependent tuition benefits, and discounted gym membership.Requirements:
- Candidates for the rank of Assistant Professor must have a PhD or DBA in a related management / health care field completed by March 1, 2020. Candidates for the Instructor rank must have an earned graduate degree in business or health care administration with significant industry experience. All candidates should list applicable management and health care administration-related professional certifications.
- Demonstrated evidence of teaching excellence preferred.
- The ideal candidate will possess the ability and interest to teach in other related areas of the department's general business administration program, such as managerial ethics, management, marketing, business strategy, and/or an experiential course: internship or organizational problem solving.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity in their work and teaching.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively collaborate with Business Administration and Accounting faculty and Admissions staff for curricular, programmatic, and student development initiatives including recruiting, mentoring and advising.
An offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.Additional Information:
Saint Michael's College, inspired by our Edmundite Catholic mission, is committed to diversity and inclusion across our campus community. We are committed to attracting and supporting faculty and staff that fully represent the racial, ethnic, religious, and cultural diversity of the nation, and we actively seek applications from underrepresented groups. Applicants are invited to include in their cover letter and other documents information about how they may contribute to our goal through their research, teaching and/or service.
The mission of the Education Programs at Saint Michael's College is to contribute to the intellectual, ethical, social, and spiritual development of individuals and culture, with an emphasis on creativity, curiosity, contemplation, collaboration, social justice, and sustainability.
Saint Michael's College is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, in compliance with applicable provisions of state and federal law that prohibit discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or military service status, HIV-positive test result status, genetic information, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic, as such characteristics and prohibitions are defined by applicable law. The College will not rely inappropriately on such characteristics, or upon related stereotypes or biases, in making employment-related decisions. Also, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship or otherwise would not be required by applicable law, the College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, as well as any employee who is limited in her ability to perform the functions of her job because of pregnancy, childbirth or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth.Application Instructions:
Please be prepared to attach the following documents after clicking on Apply Now button.
- Cover letter detailing teaching, professional experiences, and the candidate's philosophy for teaching business / health care administration courses at a Catholic, residential, Liberal Arts College. Applicants are asked to outline 3 to 4 potential HCA courses as well as general business courses that are within our business administration program. In their cover letters, applicants are encouraged to address their potential contribution incorporating diverse content and inclusive pedagogy.
- Applicants applying for the rank of Visiting Assistant Professor must include access to published works and describe their research philosophy and agenda. Applicants applying for the rank of Instructor must describe their connections to the professional community.
- Contact information for three references (original letters from referees may be requested at a later date)
- Professional Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts required at time of hire)
- Teaching evaluations (if applicable)
Review of applications will begin January 3, 2019 and continue until position is filled.
No phone calls, emails or walk-ins please.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zh2tmt5shkfmn7wx