Web Development Manager
- Manager IT
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
At Constellation, our Web channels team aims to rapidly deliver reliable and innovative products and services that enable the business and enhance our customer's web experience. We value our people and the diverse skills and backgrounds they bring to collectively work towards the Company goal of providing clean, affordable and innovative energy to create a more sustainable future for everyone.
As IT Manager â€“ Web Channels over the Constellation Web Development team, you will be integral to creating web experiences and solutions for the largest provider of retail energy in America. The IT Manager
- Web Channels will lead our web design team in capturing business needs, goals, and requirements for Constellation's web platforms, and translating these into solutions that meet the current and future needs for our business and customers. This person will be responsible for delivering innovative, timely, and reliable solutions to our business and customers. This person has the overall responsibility for the delivery of web projects and operating the Constellation Web platforms. You will drive setting our web IT strategy, identifying web technical roadmaps, overseeing the creation of and implementation of web project plans which support the roadmap and overseeing the operations of the web technical platforms. In this role you are responsible for managing the web development team and delivering web projects, services and solutions of medium to high complexity.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead and manage the web development staff and resources in accordance with our Business Plans. Align people, processes, and technology within high performing team to provide consistent, quality IT support and services that drive business results. Ensure teams abide by all IT, security and audit controls. Maintain, monitor, and appropriately enhance system/platform performance.
- Develop long
- term technology strategy in the web and digital environments which aligns with long
- term business goals.
- Responsible for setting standards and developing systems that meet the web environment security, coding, and testing standards.
- Lead and manage web projects and associated system integrators to deliver projects of medium to high complexity. Interact with the business community to define business requirements and project scope. Plan and manage scope, schedule, and budget for defined deliverables in accordance with IT project management standards.
- Operate utilizing standard processes as defined within the IT Management Model. Oversee process improvement efforts and ensure adoption of standard processes and procedures that deliver sustainable top quartile cost and performance levels.
- Establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships with business and IT partners and vendors. Manage the web technology portfolio by aligning resources to business and IT prioritized demand. Provide consistent transparency to key stakeholders of IT's service delivery, cost drivers and opportunities to drive business value.
- Responsible for production support activities post release. Act as the primary point of contact for business partners related to operational support activities. Ensures 24x7 web system availability for customers by managing team and interfaces with appropriate technical support teams.
- Maintain current business knowledge/acumen, including knowledge of the appropriate application of technology solutions to deliver business results.
- Evaluate performance and provide coaching for IT personnel. Participate in career development and succession planning processes. Promote diversity and foster teamwork, collaboration, and a learning organization. Provide input on development and retention processes for IT employees. Focus is to develop a high
- performance team.
- Prepare, manage, and monitor budgets within monthly and annual targets. This includes accurately forecasting labor and non
- labor expenses to meet future staffing, support, and project demands.
- Oversee compliance of IT, Security and Project controls to mitigate or prevent risk exposure.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 8 to 10 years' experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience leading and managing web projects and knowledge of IT project management.
- Experience leading and managing technical personnel.
- Strong judgment and excellent analytical ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of IT and business management and with vendors.
- Ability to navigate through complex problem solving within a large organization.
- Ability to influence others and drive change in the organization towards strategic goals.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Proven track record of building effective stakeholder relationships.
- Knowledge of IT project methodologies: Agile, Waterfall.
- Experience in full life cycle of analysis, design, coding, testing, user acceptance, implementation and enhancement of web based application systems.
- Working knowledge of ASP.NET, HTML5, C#, IIS, SQL, stored procedures, Microsoft TFS, Responsive Design, PHP, XML and MVC.
- Strong knowledge of web frameworks.
- Ability to work in a fast
- paced, task
- focused, team environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem
- solving skills.
- Experience working with responsive and mobile web development.
- Experience collaborating on and managing large software projects.
- Knowledge of energy business practices and processes.
- Project Management certification.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor