Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace and on their own time, regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it's really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here! About the Job
Magoosh works hard to attract passionate people who are driven by our mission to make education more accessible. Recruiting is a key building block in ensuring we are hiring teammates who are excited and able to help Magoosh grow. We are looking for someone who loves Recruiting, who thrives in ambiguity and is passionate about helping people find their perfect roles. You will support our Recruiter, Trish, work closely with hiring managers across all of our departments, and report to our People Operations lead, Amrita. You will support in developing new recruiting processes, scaling and improving current processes, and will also handle the day-to-day steps like conducting intro calls, sourcing, organizing interviews, helping run reference checks, and more.
You’ll ensure that all of our processes run smoothly and that everyone receives a stellar candidate experience. You will be an integral part of our recruiting function!
This position is based in the Magoosh office in Berkeley, CA with a salary of $81,500 - 90,500, depending on experience. You must be authorized to work in the US. In this position, you will…
- Eventually hire end-to-end (sourcing through interview) for entry-level, intern, and part-time roles
- Screen applicants through calls, screening questions, and application review to make sure they are the best fit for Magoosh, and vice versa
- Manage the candidate flow through our Applicant Tracking System (we use Greenhouse)
- Source excellent candidates using Linkedin Recruiter and other tools
- Work with our Recruiter, Trish, to improve our current processes and modify our best practices
- Coordinate phone, in-person, and Skype interviews and ensure positive candidate experience
- Assist in creating recruiting dashboards and collecting data around the pipeline of our positions
- Strategically partner with hiring managers and make data-backed decisions
- Be a spokesperson for Magoosh’s mission, and get candidates excited who might be interested in joining Magoosh! :)
Extra credit if you...
- Are known for your amazing organizational skills and are a great project manager
- Have strong analytical skills and experience making data-based decisions
- Have at least 1-3 years of experience working within recruiting at a small startup, high-growth company, or other fast-paced environment
- Are able to quickly hit the ground running with a new role
- Are passionate about accessible education
- Are familiar with applicant tracking and sourcing tools like Linkedin Recruiter and Greenhouse
- Communicate in a friendly and professional way, both in writing and in person
- Easily connect with and talk to folks from different backgrounds and enjoy building relationships
- Can creatively solve difficult problems
- Remain positive and solutions oriented under stressful and changing circumstances
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
- Have experience working with the Rooney Rule and other efforts to create an inclusive hiring process
- Have experience hiring for both contractors and employees
- Have experience hiring for engineers and seasonal, part-time employees
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post
. To learn more about our benefits and perks, check out our benefits and perks doc
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.