Manager, Program TeamWith Experience In Policy
This person will be part of the Program Team, a cross-functional team that drives CFSI’s thought leadership and research, our consulting services, and our work to seed innovation. This person must be an independent problem solver, a creative and analytical thinker and communicator, a skilled relationship manager, and a strong project manager with the ability to lead and participate in multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of excellence. LOCATION
Washington DC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES Policy
Research, Consulting, and Innovation
- Tracks legislation, regulations and other developments in issue areas that impact consumer financial health
- Conducts and prepares written policy analysis including blogs, op-eds, comment letters, and reports
- Attends relevant hearings, panel discussions and other policy events
- Represents CFSI with state and federal policy makers
- Supports and facilitates meetings on Capitol Hill, with regulators and other DC stakeholders
- Develops research and shares insights on consumer financial health in the United States.
- Advises clients to design, launch, and grow high-quality sustainable financial products that improve consumer financial health.
- Identifies transformative technologies and approaches to foster promising products, services, and strategy innovations in the marketplace.
- Participates in the development of CFSI’s perspective on key areas of focus
- Supports the Financial Solutions Lab, a program that seeks to identify, test and bring to scale promising innovations that can help to improve financial health in America. The Financial Solutions Lab is managed by the Center for Financial Services Innovation with founding partner JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Manages complex projects from start to finish using project management tools and strong communication skills
- Collaborates closely with staff across CFSI and leads project teams
- Relationship Management and Business Development
- Manages a portfolio of relationships to drive action on Financial Health
- Surfaces and participates in the development of consulting, grant and/or sponsorship business opportunities
- Quickly build trust and credibility with a range of external stakeholders such as financial services providers, research partners, and other collaborators
- Commitment to CFSI’s mission in advancing consumer financial health
- 5-10 years of policy analysis and/or formation experience, strong legislative research experience, and exceptional project management experience in the financial services industry or related industry
- Thorough knowledge of legislative and regulatory processes, structures, and procedures
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment; understands the political sensitivity behind issues
- Relationship management skills working with government, large financial institutions, credit unions, nonprofit organizations, and/or start-ups
- Superior organizational, project and time management skills with strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Strong and efficient writing skills; ability to quickly synthesize data and present succinct, cogent arguments verbally and in writing
- Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- High degree of flexibility to work in an innovative, fast-paced environment and readily embrace change
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work independently and collaboratively, productively engaging with others at all levels within and outside the organization
- Ability to commit to up to 10% domestic travel, with occasional evening meetings (1-2/month)
Minimum Bachelor’s degree required, Graduate/Master’s a plus.
Our mission is very important to us, and we would like to know why you would like to be a part of CFSI. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume with your application. A writing sample will be required for applicants who are invited to interview.