Provide customer service, process sales, merchandising, overall store cleanliness, loss prevention, and comply with company policies and procedures.
1. Unload trucks of merchandise; count, open, unpack, sort boxes, check for price tags
2. Stock merchandise on shelves, create, set-up and take down displays and fixtures, arrange, restock as needed, bring merchandise out of stock area; maintain product knowledge
3. Dispose of trash, garbage, sweep/clean floors, clean windows, shelves, dust, keep areas neat, straighten merchandise as needed.
4. Operate cash register and credit card machine transactions for customer purchases; sack/wrap and take purchases to customer\u0027s cars; provide and promote quality customer service in person or by telephone; assist customers with inquires/problems, merchandise locations, refunds exchanges, returns, purchases, etc.
5. Process markdowns, record special sale items under vendor and price, and verify pricing
6. Maintain safe working and shopping environment, safe use of equipment, and provide preventative measures against internal theft and shoplifting
Unload trucks; lift, open, unpack boxes of merchandise; use knife to open boxes; use 2/4 wheel dolly; use carpenter tools to build displays; use ladders to stock/pull merchandise; run cash register; use 10 foot rollers to unload trucks; sack purchased merchandise and carry to customer\u0027s car; lots of walking and standing.