At Unreasonable Group
, we believe entrepreneurs building rapidly scalable businesses are our best bet for solving the most significant social and environmental challenges of our time. Every day, our team strives to give these entrepreneurs tackling BFPs an unfair advantage. We do this by connecting entrepreneurs with the networks of mentors, investors, business leaders, policy makers and specialists they need to scale their businesses. We also run world class events and programs such as Unreasonable Impact in partnership with Barclays, Unreasonable Goals in partnership with the U.S. State Department, and Project Literacy in partnership with Pearson.
For these intensive programs, we bring together a hand-picked portfolio of the best positioned entrepreneurs and technologies in the world to solve an identified global challenge. The job of these programs is to drive huge resources into the most effective growth-stage entrepreneurial solutions around the world. In the process, these programs become R&D engines into the multinationals and governments we partner with. To get a feel for what this looks and feels like, check out our Unreasonable Impact in 60 Seconds video
We are now on the hunt for a Programs Coordinator (“the Coordinator”) to assist the Programs team in managing the logistics in the lead up and throughout our programs. The Coordinator will be tasked with leading event logistics management, ensuring we are operating as a well-oiled machine that never drops the ball, and fostering a high caliber of delivery across all interactions. This person needs to do well with ambiguity and thrive in fast paced and highly stressful situations, as they are helping to orchestrate many moving people and pieces in a high-stakes environment. This person needs to be a world-class communicator, logistics-guru, and executer. WARNING: This job involves significant international travel, as our programs run globally. If that excites you, you should keep reading.RESPONSIBILITIES
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR....
- Manage logistics planning and execution for 5-8+ events a year across multiple continents
- Collaborate across various teams at Unreasonable to ensure a seamless planning process
- Research, book, and manage travel (flight, hotel, ground transportation, train) for all program participants including Unreasonable team, Unreasonable Follows, and program guests (~100 people per program)
- Create relationships with travel vendors/services, setting up business accounts as needed (airlines, car services, etc) tracking this information in a shared document
- Meticulously create and update all travel + logistics spreadsheets
- Liaise with high-profile guests, via email or phone, on all travel communication and field any special requests in the lead up to the program
- Track travel and adjust plans accordingly including cancellations, alterations, and unforeseen setbacks
- While at program, you’ll be the lead on all hospitality, conducting orientation and welcoming all guests; maintain and monitor arrival and departures schedule
- Collaborate with venue on accommodations plan, access the capacity and configuration of rooms and determine best use of space to accommodate all guests
- Work with vendors to produce values aligned and on-brand giveaways for guests; manage the creative process, shipping, inventory and room drops
- Lead on creative touches and select printed items such as ensuring that everyone that attends a program receives a personal note of gratitude following their experience
- You have 3+ years experience in event logistics, multi-day program management, hospitality, and/or as an executive assistant or travel agent
- You are a logistics master, that loves coordinating across many groups of people and you never drop the ball
- You don’t just double check your work, you triple and quadruple check because there’s no other way
- You are passionate about delivering experiences and love nothing more than enjoying your hard work pay off with a successful event, ecstatic partners, and guests who are absolutely blown away by the experience you’ve helped curate
- You thrive when juggling many moving parts simultaneously, and you can turn up the hustle when necessary
- You are comfortable with minimal direction but high expectations
- You love the creative touches and have a great design aesthetic and taste (one that others regularly remark on)
- You are equally able to work alongside a partner or team as well as have an ability to take full ownership of a project from start to finish
- You believe deeply in the importance of transparent and honest communication
- You always follow up and follow through on time
- You are never the person who says, “That’s not my job”
- You believe that when work is done well, magic is in the details
- You are what we would refer to as a GyShiDo Master
- As you read about Unreasonable’s core values, you get more and more excited with each value you come across
- January 23rd: Application goes live.
- February 4th: Your application is due.
- February 7th - 8th: If you are invited to the next round of the process, we will schedule a 20 minute phone call with you.
- February 8th - 13th: We will give select applicants a small “trial project” representative of the type of work associated with this position. Though we will give you 6 days to finish your "trial project," it should only take a few hours to complete.
- February 20th - 22nd: Assuming both of us want to continue exploring the potential of working together, we'll fly you out to Boulder, Colorado, or to meet with our team. Simultaneously we’ll be conducting background checks and reference checks on the two to three most compelling applicants for this position.
- February 25th: Assuming you made it through the reference checks, you will be notified whether or not the position is yours.
- March 11th: Ideally, those accepted will be able to join the company full time no later than March 11th.
“The object of life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy Shit, What a Ride!'”—Mavis LeyrerAt Unreasonable, our goal is to become a global brand with a diverse team that is representative of the community we serve. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, political affiliation or any other non-job-related factors. We value diversity and are committed to building a team and an inclusive culture that represents a global perspective of experiences, skills, backgrounds, and expertise. The more inclusive we are, the better we can deliver our mission of driving resources to and breaking down barriers for entrepreneurs solving BFPs.