Under the direction of the Director for Economics and Trade, and the Executive Director of the U.S.- China Economic and Security Review Commission (USCC), the position is responsible for policy and issue analysis primarily in the fields of economic and trade issues.
1. Monitor, investigate, and assess developments relevant to the Economics and Trade Team’s portfolio including, but not limited to, the topics identified in Section III, below.
2. Draft detailed written and oral analyses and assessments of issues within the Economics and Trade Team’s portfolio.
3. Work with designated hearing co-chairs, senior staff, and team members to plan and organize Commission hearings.
4. Serve as a subject matter expert and advisor on Chinese economics and trade and U.S. policy responses for Commissioners, Members of Congress and their staffs, and Congressional committees.
5. Draft assigned portions of the Commission’s Annual Report
6. Draft Congressional testimony, talking points, editorials, and other communications for Commissioners to a wide variety of audiences and represent the staff at conferences and with government, academia, and private sector groups. Provide official responses to Congressional inquiries and legislated reporting requirements.
7. Develop and sustain a professional network with China analysts in the U.S. government, private sector, and academia.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.