Litigation Practice Assistant, Full-Time, Immediate Opening
Dunn Carney LLP is a top-ten, Portland law firm built upon exceptional legal service, teamwork, and strong relationships. Our attorneys focus on litigation, real estate, business, estate planning, employment and insurance law for businesses and individuals in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest.
Dunn Carney has an immediate opening on their Litigation Team for a Litigation Practice Assistant to provide support to 2-3 litigation attorneys.
- Must have at least 3-5 years' experience as a Legal Assistant.
- Strong organizational skills ‑ ability to prioritize, successfully complete tasks under time constraints, and meet important deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate within the firm and with clients.
- Ability to observe the highest level of confidentiality and maintain good relations with others in and outside of the firm.
- Ability to work independently in a fun team environment.
- Willingness to assist team members with work overflow.
- Knowledgeable in Oregon and Washington State Court jurisdictions and procedures as well as Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. Able to manage and maintain files from the beginning of a case through trial, arbitration, and/or mediation, including coordinating service of pleadings and e-filing.
- Ability to prepare correspondence, pleadings, and other legal documents.
- Familiarity with document management systems and maintenance of electronic case files.
- Ability to proofread material for contextual, grammatical, and spelling errors.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including:
-Word, with skills including: formatting, redline/track changes, styles, and cross‑referencing
-Familiarity with dictation transcription and digital transcription programs.
-Experience in litigation docketing/calendaring. Experience with CompuLaw Vision preferred.
Skilled in schedule management, including attorney appointments, meetings, hearings, and depositions.
- Familiarity with file opening procedures, including client intake and conflict checks.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Dunn Carney supports a workforce diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants for employment are extended equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran, or current or future military status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic testing, or any other status protected by law. Dunn Carney does not discriminate against any applicant or employee in hiring or in the terms, conditions, and privileges of employment based upon pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions. We will make reasonable accommodation for religious beliefs. Thank you in advance for your interest in Dunn Carney.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.