Rick Steves' Europe (RSE) is looking for an experienced accountant to support payroll and benefit operations in our Edmonds office. We want a smart, accurate, and self-motivated team player with an aptitude for learning new applications quickly. This person will ensure compliance with internal controls, company policies and procedures, and possess a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This full-time position will report to the Senior Accountant.
Rick Steves' Europe provides a casual and rewarding work environment in scenic Edmonds, about 15 miles north of Seattle. We are dedicated to the cause of smart travel. In addition to our popular travel guidebooks, we design and offer guided European tours, produce a public television series and radio show, maintain an extensive travel website, teach travel classes, and market an exclusive line of travel gear.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Prepare and process monthly payroll for 200+ employees and tour guides
- Review multi-state payroll tax information to ensure compliance
- Compile monthly payroll reporting package
- Maintain payroll records and documentation of payroll changes
- Prepare payroll journal entries including monthly accruals and reconciliations
- Investigate and resolve any payroll discrepancies or issues
- Develop and document payroll reporting tools, processes, and best practices
- Reconcile employee benefit account payments
- Provide a consistently high level of customer service to staff in answering payroll-related requests
- Work closely with Human Resources and Accounting to develop best practices and efficient work flows
- Manage Concur expense tracking system including processing fringe benefit payments and tax reporting
- Support accounts receivable, accounts payable, and tour accounting areas as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA is a plus
- 5+ years payroll experience
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive employee and company information
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Proven organizational skills: manage priorities, meet deadlines, and communicate progress
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Paycom highly desirable
- Experience with Great Plains Dynamics highly desirable
To Apply: Please visit our jobs page at https://www.ricksteves.com/about-us/jobs to submit an online application. Deadline for all applications is March 8, 2019.