Responsible for advanced secretarial and administrative support for senior management and executives. Requires continuous use of technical and business vocabulary and a detailed knowledge of organization operations, organizational procedures, and personnel. Relieves supervisor(s) of some administrative detail. Within established guidelines, makes independent decisions regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling work. Works with Executive Assistants to ensure consistent coordination of all administrative duties and activities for all Canon Solutions America Vice Presidents and above.
- Prepares regular administrative and/or special reports, compiling data from various sources and composes statistical charts, tables, etc. Uses various advanced software applications. Creates PowerPoint presentations and/or Excel spreadsheets working from general objectives with limited guidance.
- Types and/or transcribes correspondence, ensuring correct punctuation and grammar; composes answers to routine correspondence on own initiative or from instructions; initiates other correspondence and memoranda for executiveï¿½s signature.
- Initiates and carries out routine and complex activities requiring familiarity with company products and department policies. May compile information from sources inside and/or outside the company and may interpret, analyze, and convey information to assist management personnel with making administrative or policy decisions.
- Screens visitors, telephone calls, voice and e-mail, and resolves routine and some complex inquiries.
- Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements. May prepare and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Makes routine investigations, gathers, compiles, and interprets data which may be confidential in nature, and prepares reports/projects. May utilize the assistance of one or more other admin on a project basis.
- Coordinates closely with the Executive Assistants to ensure seamless support of all senior executives.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as required, including opening and distributing mail, maintaining supplies, files, and records.
Typically requires general and/or vocational training plus 2 to 4 years of related experience.
- High School Diploma, Trade School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 4 years of administrative support experience.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with various software applications e.g. Microsoft Word Suite, Excel, etc.
- Minimum of 55-65 wpm is preferred.