At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Production Supervisor for the Personal Safety Division located in Monroe, NC. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Production Supervisor will be responsible for the on time manufacturing of high quality health and safety products by means of supervising/leading employees, planning and organizing work, measuring employee performance and supporting policies. The Supervisor will maintain positive employee relations, resolve employee complaints, evaluate performance, facilitate employee training, and ensure a safe working environment.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Create and maintain a safe work environment for self and employees
- Direct and organize duties and responsibilities of team leaders, direct employees and contingent labor
- Communicate effectively with team members for needs and feedback.
- Audit manufacturing cells within department to ensure lean manufacturing practices are being performed in the department.
- Evaluate assembly areas continually to meet performance metrics: Safety, quality, customer delivery, cost, and productivity
- Enforce company policy and procedures.
- Interface with QA, ME, Purchasing, and Product Engineering to assure adequate support for production.
- Train and develop employees by facilitating employee training
- Analyze production schedule and determine what is necessary to complete the work on time (staffing, equipment, support personnel, etc.); maintain visual reporting systems within work cells and operation areas
- Evaluate employees and provide counsel for performance
- Manage time and attendance in the company tracking system for direct employees.
- Maintain department spending within budget (labor, overtime, etc.)
- Provide support to manufacturing engineering and maintenance for the support of equipment, tools and fixtures in responsible production area
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing and/or production setting in a private, public, government or military environment
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve employee peer disputes and conflict
- Skill in motivating employees under a wide variety of circumstances
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, SOPS, technical drawings, etc.
Location: Monroe, NC
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic/international
Relocation: May be authorized
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.