Flamboyan Foundation seeks a Director of the Flamboyan Arts Fund
for our Puerto Rico office. The Flamboyan Arts Fund is an initiative dedicated to preserving, amplifying, and sustaining the arts in Puerto Rico by supporting all facets of the arts community including music, theater, visual arts, dance, literature, and youth arts education. This individual is committed to the revitalization of Puerto Rico and deeply appreciates the unique and important role that arts and culture play in this endeavor. The Director of the Flamboyan Arts Fund will lead efforts to implement the cycles of grant giving, support and stewardship of grantees, exploration of partnerships, and other emergent efforts to preserve, amplify, and sustain arts and culture in Puerto Rico.
The ideal candidate for Director of the Flamboyan Arts Fund is an excellent critical thinker, has a proven track record of outstanding project management, superior professional presence and communication skills in both Spanish and English, thrives in a fast-moving space that require dynamic relationship building, productivity, and responsiveness. A keen understanding and appreciation of the Puerto Rican cultural and arts contexts are ideal.Who We Are
Guided by the belief that all children deserve the opportunity to live a fulfilling life, the Flamboyan Foundation works to ensure every child in the US and Puerto Rico receives an outstanding education. In D.C., Flamboyan is accelerating student learning by helping educators and school systems transform their relationships with families. In Puerto Rico, Flamboyan is ensuring students are reading in Spanish on grade level by third grade and also supporting the arts and culture as critical drivers in revitalization efforts.What You’ll Do
The Director of the Flamboyan Arts Fund position offers an incredible opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment, leading high impact and visibility work. This position is based in Puerto Rico and requires occasional travel. This position works closely with the leadership in the PR office and other team members in the Puerto Rico and D.C. teams. Its start date is immediate, depending on candidate availability.ResponsibilitiesFlamboyan Arts Fund Grants Management
Flamboyan Arts Fund Grantee Experience Support
- Grant Cycle Management:
- Lead the Flamboyan Arts Fund grant cycles, including but not limited to: launch of the grant’s RFP, tracking of progress through grant submissions process, preparation of materials for review, closing of process and announcement of awards
- Manage the grants review process, including recruiting and convening the grants evaluation team and supporting and stewarding the Flamboyan Arts Fund Advisory Committee that makes final decisions on grant awards
- Manage and support partnerships in the process of grants review and awarding
- Participant Experience & Communications:
- Manage participant (i.e., applicants and grantees) engagement through the grant cycle, including collaborating with the Communications team on outgoing communications to applicants and managing and responding to incoming inquiries
- Develop and manage continuous and effective communications internally and with partners regarding the grant cycle process
- Collaborate with Flamboyan’s communications teams in PR and D.C. to ensure that all communications and web presence related to the Flamboyan Arts Fund grants cycles meet with the highest quality standards and are in brand alignment
- Proactively identify opportunities to amplify the awareness of where and how the Flamboyan Arts Fund is having an impact, collaborating continuously with the Communications teams in PR and D.C. to optimize visibility and impact of messaging
- Knowledge Management & Evaluation:
- Capture and codify lessons learned at each grant cycle to continuously improve processes and ensure effective knowledge and information management for the long-term
- In partnership with experts in evaluation (internal and external) design and continuously improve the criteria and tools to evaluate submissions to ensure alignment with the objectives of the Fund
- In partnership with experts in evaluation (internal and external), design and continuously improve the criteria and tools to evaluate submissions and make decisions on awards to ensure alignment with the objectives of the Fund
- Partner in efforts to evaluate the impact that the investments have had in advancing the purpose of the program as well as in evaluating holistically the impact of the Flamboyan Arts Fund program
Support project management of emergent opportunities related to the Flamboyan Arts Fund
- In partnership with PR team leadership and grantees, identify needs, capacity building gaps, and emergent barriers for grantees to fully leverage the investment of the Flamboyan Arts Fund in their endeavors
- Support leadership in the development of programming and engagement opportunities for grantees to be supported in the pursuit of their efforts, including capacity building efforts
- Create opportunities for community building among grantees
- Steward the experience of grantees to optimize their experience and the impact of the investments
QualificationsEducation & Experience
- Support efforts of the PR team leadership, the President and/or CEO of the Flamboyan Foundation to explore, advance, and establish partnerships associated with the Flamboyan Arts Fund objectives
- Develop project plans and other resources and tools at the direction of PR team leadership to support tracking progress in partnerships and documenting and communicating decisions and next steps as needed
- Support the PR team leadership with timely follow up and communications of the highest professional quality with prospective and established partners
- Contribute to efforts to design and implement the strategic plan and annual plans for the efforts associated with revitalizing Puerto Rico
- Research and seek potential opportunities for funding to support this work sustainably and over time
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 4+ years relevant professional experience
- Grant writing and management experience preferred
- Familiarity with arts and culture space in Puerto Rico and Puerto Rican social and cultural context highly preferred
- Track record of collaborating successfully across teams in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated success in project design and management required
- Bachelor's degree required
How We Value You
- Puerto Rico Context:
- Passion and commitment to the revitalization of Puerto Rico and deep understanding of the unique role of arts and culture in this endeavor
- Knowledge of Puerto Rico’s culture and ability to authentically engage, partner and lead in this context
- Completely fluent Spanish and English speaker, with excellent and concise written and verbal communication skills in both languages
- Strong results-orientation, critical thinking and judgement; ability to backwards-map plans and decisions from desired outcomes
- Ability to take initiative and chart a path forward in circumstances that are ambiguous or have competing priorities
- Ability to analyze problems and identify solutions independently and collaboratively
- Continuous learner
- Confidence in managing up and working through competing interests to ensure outcomes are achieved
- Highly organized and able to multi-task effectively
- High standard of quality and attention to detail
- Strong relationship building skills, team orientation, and ability to achieve outcomes through partnerships and influence
Flamboyan offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation time, and professional development opportunities. We are a people-centered, flexible, family-friendly workplace with a beautiful office environment. Our work is guided by four foundational core values that keep us grounded.
- People. We believe in the power, dignity, value, potential, and good intent of all people.
- Equity. We challenge ourselves, one another, and our partners to collaborate to identify and eliminate the barriers faced by historically underserved populations [so that everyone has the same access, consideration, respect, and opportunity].
- Impact. We create lasting, meaningful social change.
- Catalytic Action. We pursue our goals with passion and urgency and activate others internally and externally to carry our work even further.
For more information please visit www.flamboyanfoundation.org
.How to Apply
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online at: https://grnh.se/30b4cf1f2
. It is in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend that your cover letter include why you are interested in Flamboyan Foundation and how your experience has prepared you for this role.
Note that the application must be completed in one sitting - it cannot be saved and edited later. We recommend completing it in one sitting or answering the questions offline and copying them to the application when you are ready to submit. Applications submitted by Friday, April 19, 2019, will receive best consideration.Flamboyan Foundation is committed to being an inclusive organization that challenges historical inequity with a focus on dismantling systemic racism. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation gender identity or expression, veteran status or disability. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.