At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Legal IT Project Lead for the IT Division located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Legal IT Project Lead will be responsible for the Intellectual Property System (IPS). IPS is a system for tracking and managing all intellectual property for 3M.
In addition, they will lead the configuration support of the Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) project. They will also need to learn the API functionality for accessing master data from a private Azure cloud and allows creation of a new customer in SAP. Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the ‘Contracts’ web portal. Portfolio leadership is required and would include providing analysis, technical design, implementation and support for Legal Affairs business purchased and IT developed applications.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead projects and client teams to gather requirements and manage timelines, activities and planning for several business projects.
- Provide subject matter expertise around application solutions to supporting team and vendors
- Gathers technical requirements, documents and aligns business processes
- Implement business application solutions to support SAP and other systems functional design or defect resolution
- Supports new site deployments by configuring any supporting changes
- Provide technical and analytical expertise for resolving escalated application issues.
- Ensures meeting service level agreements for support and deliverable timelines
- Identify opportunities for process improvement to deliver IT application solutions
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule to meet project time zones
- Determine and communicate technical risks and manage appropriately
- Work with business partners locally and remotely
- Ensure the timely delivery of all assigned work
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of combined experience working, deploying, or leading information technology projects or activities in a private, public, government or military environment
- Experience coordinating incident, problem and change management
- Strong leadership skills with experience leading cross-functional teams
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Project management/planning skills
- Experience with SQL or a basic understanding: databases and queries
- Able to multi-task
- Knowledgeable in application and infrastructure environments
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic/international
Relocation: May be authorized
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.