The Knowledge Management (KM) Specialist is responsible for ensuring that content in the CRC knowledge management tools allows the CRC to deliver an excellent and differentiated customer experience. The KM Specialist will be responsible for development of knowledge articles in the CRC knowledge management tool and maintain the structural design and accuracy of content. The KM Specialist will collaborate with CRC KM Analysts and field leaders to ensure that knowledge articles are current, accurate, comprehensive and easy to read and navigate.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
- Gathers and analyzes information regarding service area requirements and franchise agreement provisions, and formats that information for entry into the Knowledge Management Tool.
- Creates, updates, and monitors knowledge articles to ensure accuracy and effectiveness.
- Reviews and scrubs content to drive standardization in content clarity and format.
- Tests and validates published content to ensure content conforms to design standards and navigational features of each article function correctly.
- Analyzes and validates KM information with ESRI Mapping tools. Troubleshoots and modifies content metadata to improve search result accuracy.
- Collaborates with CRC KM Analysts and Division KM Point of Contacts to ensure that customer and internal needs are continually met by the Unified Knowledge Management (UKM) technology and process.
- Supports and executes the content governance and update process.
- Works cooperatively with other members of the Customer Experience team to ensure all agreed upon deliverables are met according to project timeline commitments.
- Translates contract requirements and interprets them in a way that makes them understandable to customers.
- Builds effective working relationships. Partners effectively and communicates openly to promote and support smooth call center operations and initiatives.
- Drives innovation and continuous improvement with CRC knowledge management tools and related business processes.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in content development, technical writing, data standardization, or data/knowledge management tools. (Required)
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in Content Development and Maintenance.
- Experience with Adobe Dreamweaver HTML development application.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience working in a call center environment.
- Working knowledge, or ability to quickly gain working knowledge, of technology platforms required to edit, convert, file, catalogue and index knowledge articles (Dreamweaver, SharePoint, HTML, Adobe Acrobat).
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.