The Collections Specialist collects past due balances on assigned accounts while building lasting relationships with our customer base and internal parties. The Collection Specialist is responsible for minimizing the Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) and Over 90 day delinquencies for the Company.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
- Intermediate experience with MS Excel including ability to work with formulas including VLookup, SumProduct, and AutoFilter functions.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written format in a professional manner with customers.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to properly handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, meet deadlines and be a team player.
- Associates degree with an emphasis on Accounting or Finance.
- Experience collecting for high dollar accounts.
- Performs collection activities on invoices and recycle hauls for assigned accounts, including but not limited to, contacting customers and providers to address outstanding balances.
- Applies advanced skills or knowledge of collection practices to reconcile and research accounts internally and externally before attempting collection activities.
- Facilitates resolution of disputed balances via research of all available information and communicates findings to invested parties.
- Accurately documents actions taken on customer accounts to maintain solid collection event history.
- Provides quality customer service to internal/external customers including, but not limited to, reasonable inquiries on collection status and requests for information.
- Prepares follow-up reports reflecting status of credit and collection activity in his/her area of responsibility on a weekly basis.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 3 years of collection experience.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.