ECONorthwest is an economics consulting firm headquartered in Portland, Oregon, with offices in Seattle, Bend, Boise, and Eugene. The firm has a 45‐year history of economic policy analysis supporting public decision‐making related to urban development, social and educational policies, and natural resources.Job Description
ECONorthwest is seeking a project manager to support a growing consulting practice in urban economics, with a focus on transit‐oriented development and real estate economics. The ideal candidate will have an academic and practical background in economics, real estate development, and / or urban planning; experience working in a consulting context; experience working with or for transit agencies; and team leadership potential or experience. Preferred candidates will have deep expertise in real estate finance, land economics, and housing policy. The position will be located in our Seattle office. Depending on the qualifications of the successful candidate, the position could have the following responsibilities:
Education and Experience
- Lead consulting teams to execute project work that strengthens clients’ policy and investment decisions in the housing, transportation, and infrastructure areas
- Conduct and manage project work, including analysis and / or overseeing the work of a team completing analysis, managing scopes and budgets, and creating or overseeing the creation of final deliverables.
- Present study findings to project teams and clients, as well as to legislative bodies, investors, corporate boards, and other high‐level stakeholders
- Market the firm’s capabilities to a wide range of public and private sector clients
Masters or PhD preferred: public policy, economics, planning, political science, or a related field. Three years of progressively responsible management experience in a consulting or public sector setting preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job will be considered.
- Research and data analytics skills using analytic software tools
- Entrepreneurial and self‐starting
- Strong communication skills, including clear writing and ability to present findings to large audiences
- Organizational skills, including assembling consulting teams and scopes of work Relationship building with existing and potential clients
- Time management
The following experience in research/management consulting is a plus:
Compensation Range:Compensation will be commensurate with experience and industry standards.
- Expertise with statistical and analytic software tools
- Demonstrated ability to identify/scope/ and deliver projects to clients
- Experience in public and private procurement methods
This position is a non‐exempt, full‐time (generally Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–5p.m). ECONorthwest offers competitive wages and generous benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), and paid holidays.
ECONorthwest is not a sponsoring organization. ECONorthwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To Apply: Click to complete online application