Location: Anywhere in the US - reporting to headquarters in Streamwood, IL
At Awana, we believe true change happens in the communities when children and youth are transformed through Biblical discipleship and in the presence of a caring adult. We believe that kids can come to know, love and serve Jesus, following Him for a lifetime. This is why, for almost 70 years, Awana has been working with leaders in local churches in the US and around the world; providing solutions that equip these women and men to make disciples in children and youth.
Today, God is using Awana in reaching over 4 million kids in 122 countries around the world. With over 500,000 equipped leaders in 54,000 churches, Awana is able to play a vital role in global evangelism and discipleship of children and youth.
If you have a passion for the Spanish speaking and Latino community and creating marketing strategies for serving the Hispanic church in America impacting children, this team at Awana may be for you! This team will inspire, equip, resource and empower the Hispanic church in USA and give the church what they need reach and disciple their children for Jesus.
Our ideal candidate for the Marketing Specialist position will be a person who loves the church, is passionate toward the Great Commission and researching how to best serve the church and can execute toward community, relationship and growth. This individual will have a thorough understanding of marketing, sales, and nonprofit ministry within a Spanish and bilingual market, (focused on domestic), be creative and well-organized, driven by high standards, and persistent in achieving goals. This person will also roll up their sleeves and make things happen.
The Marketing Specialist, US Latino Ministries, implements marketing strategies that serve, inspire, equip and resource the US Latino church in the United States to reach and disciple their children for Jesus. The Marketing Specialist provides messaging and marketing collateral to acquire and retain US Latino church partners and high capacity donors. He/she will develop marketing campaigns for ministry solutions that result in revenue/sales. The Marketing Specialist promotes and cross-promotes ministry solutions in the US Latino team leading to increased partnerships. This team member works for the Director of US Latino Ministries and also works in close relationship to the Sr. Director of Marketing for Awana.
- Builds networks via events, social media, email, and other communication channels that equip/resource churches and disciple makers and result in church partner acquisition and product sales/revenue.
- Resources the Director of US Latino Ministries with messaging and marketing collateral to attract and retain high capacity donors (foundations, business owners, churches).
- Implements marketing strategies, campaigns and promotions working with Spanish-speaking editors and internal/external marketing teams that achieve strategic objectives.
- Pursues partnerships with companies, influencers, and others to increase ministry awareness.
- Employs a creative ability to craft effective messaging, branding, and marketing storytelling for Spanish language and bilingual resources.
- Helps ensure revenue goals are met while managing marketing expenses accordingly.
- Focuses on continually improving existing marketing practices and ideas.
- Stays aware of marketing trends and provides recommendations of new marketing initiatives and strategies.
- Communicates key marketing updates, including project status and metrics at various internal meetings as needed.
- Develops and continuously improves relationships with various teams within Awana (ex. Sales, Customer Care etc.).
- Develops ministry models transferable to multicultural churches and ministries.
- Manages the production of print and virtual Spanish and bilingual catalogs and ongoing development of ecommerce systems and improvement of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Responsible for the merchandising and display of products in print and online catalogs and the online store to stimulate interest in solutions and products to viewers.
- Leads product marketing and updated program marketing to church.
- Works with Sr. Director of Marketing to make full use of and take advantage of all the ways that the Awana corporate marketing can impact the US Latino division.
- Uncovers and implements ways to engage potential and current churches with digital solutions for product discovery and cross-selling opportunities.
- Through market research, helps to develop a compelling and customer/partner-centered catalog that satisfies the needs of our customer/partner.
- Supports, upholds and demonstrates the Awana cultural values in internal and external communications and relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in marketing, communications, or business
- 2-5 years experience managing a range of marketing mediums (print, radio, digital, social media, direct mail, etc.)
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as social media platforms and trends in that space
- General understanding of the Bible and the Christian church in its various expressions
- Bi-lingual: Spanish and English
- Knowledge of the children’s, inspirational, or ministry space preferred
- Thorough understanding of sales, marketing and non-profit ministry within the Latino/Hispanic market
- Exceptional written and communications skills, in both English and Spanish
- Exceptional organizational skills, with ability to juggle many logistics and deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and prioritize various projects
- Ability to interact and communicate with a diverse group of people internally and externally
- Persistent in achieving goals
- Enjoys challenges
Must be a born-again Christian. Must have personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and live life in alignment with the Word of God as set forth in our Doctrinal Statement. Must be in fellowship with the body of Christ through active commitment to a local church. Engages regularly in God’s Word as a guide and standard for living.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, use of computer. Manual dexterity for working a mouse and typing.
Note: This position is grant-funded.