Beecher’s Handmade Cheese, in the Pike Place Market, is a world-famous landmark destination. Join the Beecher’s Handmade Cheese team, learn the centuries-old trade of artisan Cheesemaking and make an award winning, premium product. If you are a team player, reliable and eager we would love to meet you! We are always looking to expand our team.
Current shifts available:
PM Shift - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Sunday 2pm - 12am
AM Shift - Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday 4am - 2pm What will you do?
What do you need?
- Cheesemaking tasks include milk receiving, pasteurizer operation, vat operation, cheddaring, hooping, pressing, packaging and shipping.
- Maintain production documentation
- Understand and comply with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Regular sanitization of production equipment
What do you get?
- 18 years or older
- Flexibility and willingness to help when needed
- Able to lift at least 65 pounds repeatedly, bend, stretch, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent attendance, reliability, and initiative!!!
- Desire for long-term learning and skill-building
- A sense of humor
- Varied taste in music (Bring your playlist to work)
We are committed to building a staff that includes individuals from different cultural backgrounds, genders, ages, sexual orientation and physical abilities. We strive to create a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we work in.
- Starting rate for Cheesemaker positions is $18.50/hour
- Skills and knowledge base development- Become an artisan Cheesemaker!
- Acquire valuable industry certificates
- Employees receive medical, dental and vision with other great benefits!
- Extra perks include a meal plan ($12/shift) and a 35% employee discount.
- We offer Paid Time Off
- Schedules are 10 hours shifts, 4 days a week
Sugar Mountain is a tobacco-free company.