Job Description Summary
As part of the Data and Innovation group, the Analytics Engagement Manager will bridge the gap between business leaders and technology/analytics by gathering insights and applying data visualization, statistical analysis, machine learning, and process automation to solve business problems.Job Description
- Serve as an ambassador to increase awareness, build culture, and generate opportunities across the organization. Build relationships with key business leaders and subject matter experts and gain an understanding of their strategic needs. Identify how plans/processes can be animated or problems solved by analytics.
- Use knowledge of data science and machine learning to identify and execute business change and transformation beyond what is possible today.
- Define use cases, develop roadmaps for execution, and work with management to prioritize investment.
- Employ Innovation group achievements and insights to accelerate progress and lift the ceiling on what can be achieved.
- Lead the company in use of design thinking to identify new approaches to problem solving and rapidly iterate potential solutions.
- Develop an industry view of analytics and design driven problem solving. Use competitor research to understand recent advances and best practices, and inform our approach to developing solutions.
- Shepherd projects end-to-end, keeping the team focused on the business objectives and finding ways to make things happen quickly. Liaise with all roles, stakeholders, and project management.
- Educate data scientists and data engineers on the business context of a project.
- Monitor and measure launched solutions and feed insights back into the solution development process.
- Facilitate the data discovery and refinement process as needed to make the project work.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, data science, machine learning, or other quantitative field.
- Eight years of relevant experience working with business groups to gather insights and identify solutions to business problems.
- Experience managing complex projects/programs and research efforts.
- Skilled in data visualization, statistical analysis, process automation, and design thinking.
- Strong business acumen to bridge the gap between the business and technology/analytics.
- Communication skills to educate, influence, and direct others.
- Ability to apply design thinking principles to problem-solving and analytics solutions.
- Basic proficiency in Python, R, SQL, and Tableau to effectively collaborate with data scientists and data engineers.
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field
- Experience working in a research team or startup company
- Design thinking facilitation experience
- Process re-engineering experience
- Strategic consulting experience
- Data science/machine learning experience
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer
- Office environment
- Moderate travel to meet with business partners