Job Description Summary
The people of Transamerica bring expertise, creativity, diverse thought and heart to everything that we do-and to the communities where we live and work If you are looking for a Project Management opportunity that will allow you to be at the forefront of data innovation helping to mobilize and implement projects that will use new data sources to change the business, we want to have a career conversation with you.Job Description
Completes work with minimal guidance and direction, and typical project management assignments have a medium to high level of complexity which may involve unstructured and ambiguous situations. Strong organizational skills (planning, prioritizing) and communication skills (written, verbal, listening) are critical to this position, as is the ability to successfully adapt to diverse people and situations, manage conflict, proactively resolve issues, and complete assignments on time. Must demonstrate skills in negotiation and facilitation techniques and interact professionally with staff and management at all levels. Solid understanding of Project Management methodologies and principles and possesses strong technical and analytical skills. Will often serve in a mentoring role.
- Managing projects, which involves determining project deliverables and timelines, developing a project plan and managing to the plan, coordinating and leading meetings, preparing meeting minutes and status reports. Working with team members to resolve issues. Coordinating activities of a project team which may include individuals from multiple teams, departments and locations.
- Manage and deliver assigned projects to agreed timescales, budgets and quality standards
- Maintaining an understanding of all services, operational processes and procedures
- Developing relationships and expertise within the divisions to provide continued value-add services.
- Assisting divisional clients with navigating service requests; providing escalations as necessary.
- Supporting project teams in creating a business case, including cost benefit analysis.
- Mentoring team members.
- Supporting Project Management methodologies
- 8-10 years of related work experience
- University or Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Advanced experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Advanced experience using MS Project 2010 and Project Portfolio Tools
- General understanding of the insurance and financial services industry
- May require travel
- May require flexible hours to accommodate global project teams