Job Description Summary
Successful candidate is expected to have excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to effectively elicit input from subject matter experts, coordinate an efficient review and approval process and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Will support the Operations organization, which includes Technology, Product, Data & Innovation and Information Security.Job Description
- Working closely with the Senior Manager of Communications, develops communications on behalf of Operations leaders for both the entire organization and targeted audiences within it.
- Recommends best-possible communications vehicle, based on specific project goals and familiarity with available media.
- Works closely with intranet team to recommend (or provide) content featuring Operations.
- Translates jargon and technical ideas into language that is accessible to the target audience.
- Ensures all communications are grammatically correct, relevant for the intended audience, consistent with the established voice, and aligned with the enterprise vision.
- Manages schedule of communications for prioritization, consistent with leadership’s priorities and in support of a positive employee experience.
- Identifies appropriate audience for each message; pulls lists from Workday and coordinates release via email tool.
- Leverages various media including emails, newsletters, promotions, presentations and intranet articles to positively influence the employee experience.
- Effectively juggles several deadlines simultaneously and ensures “version control” for projects with multiple drafts and/or components.
- Brings a creative and innovative mindset to assignments, always looking for ways to increase employee engagement.
- Works with minimal direction; able to initiate projects and see them through completion.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, ability to solve problems with limited guidance.
- At least eight years of experience in internal or marketing communications, and/or public relations.
- Bachelor’s degree (no specific subject) or commensurate experience.
- Demonstrated superior verbal/writing/editing/proofreading ability (samples required; interview process includes writing exercise).
- Ability to effectively organize material and create lively and appealing content.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on organizational structure and culture.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint skills would be a plus).
- Ability to handle confidential information and interact effectively at all levels.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Experience in financial services and/or other highly regulated industry.
- Experience working with Operations and Technology teams.
- Exposure to Agile, Six Sigma and/or Lean.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer
- Normal office environment