At Transamerica, we’ve seen that Wealth + Health are inextricably linked, and that living well tomorrow starts with the habits we form today. That’s why we’re passionate about inspiring our customers and our associates to improve their financial health- and their overall well-being- to optimize how we help people prepare for the future. We’re seeking ambitions people who can bring fresh ideas and varying perspectives, and help us to shake up the status quo! Come join our supportive culture that encourages a healthy lifestyle, community giving, diversity, fun, and lifelong learning!The Transamerica Advice Center is growing, and we have an opportunity for an experienced, licensed Financial Advisor and Annuities Specialist, whose Financial Planning experience also includes strong Annuity Sales experience. If you are an expert in Annuities and Life insurance and would like to work with referral business AND train other advisor's to sell annuities, then we would love to speak with you!
Locations: This role can be located in St. Paul, MN or Denver, CO
What You Will Do: You will use your expert knowledge in Financial Planning, Annuities and Life Insurance to provide education and advice to our clients. You will influence new product solutions, train other advisors in Annuities, and be a “go to Annuities expert” in our Advice Center! As one of our first Retirement Income Advisors and an expert in Annuities, you will help to create a new program within our Advice Center, and be the one that our advisors look to for Annuities education and sales strategies.
What You Will Learn: You will participate in our training program that will help familiarize you with our sales model, sales process, and our products. You will be provided an opportunity to assist in building a new program from its infancy. You will have the opportunity to partner with Advice Center leadership to provide recommendations and influence the strategic direction of the product specialist team. This role is highly visible and we are looking for people who are comfortable identifying and implementing opportunities to grow the channel.
What Success Looks Like:
- Make product recommendations based on customer needs.
- Successfully achieve monthly goals to increase Annuity sales pipeline, and drive additional business by training other advisors to sell Annuities.
- Determine the appropriate allocation amounts.
- Maintain expertise in product offerings, industry regulations, and the competitive environment.
- Initiate and partner with relationship managers and fulfillment analysts to implement
- Recommended product solutions.
- Connect customers to other product specialists based on individual needs.
- Wholesale solutions across the department to drive referral volume and increase new annuity
- Support complex retirement income cases.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience as a Retirement Plan Specialist or three years of Financial Services experience.
- FINRA Series 6 or 7, 63
- FINRA Series 65 or 66, or obtain within six months of hire.
- Life/health license, and ability to be licensed in all 50 states.
- Knowledge of financial products.
- Annuity sales experience.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Communication and presentation skills to conduct business in a virtual environment.
- Customer service, interpersonal, and listening skills.
- Organizational skills to handle multiple priorities.
What You Will Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package, Pension Plan, 401K Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, and more!
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Paid Time Off, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid time to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration.
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution.
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo.
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer.
- Office/call center environment.
- Occasional travel.