Job Description Summary
Job Description SummaryThe people of Transamerica bring expertise, creativity and heart to everything that we do - and to the communities where we live and work. We believe that achieving a secure future requires both smart financial planning and a healthy lifestyle. The solutions we offer help our customers throughout their lives, whether it is saving and investing, protecting themselves and their loved ones, or preparing for an active and meaningful retirement. Are you a self-starter that is looking for a career in sales where you will have opportunities to grow into your role with a career path ahead of you? Do you want to work for an organization that has a culture of training and developing its future leaders? If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!We are seeking candidates with experience in one or more the following product lines to join our team! Retirement, Mutual Funds, Variable Annuities.Job Description
As an Internal Wholesaler (IW), you will be partnered with a Regional Vice President (RVP), both responsible for driving sales by proactively marketing Transamerica solutions. You will accomplish this by developing new business opportunities and fostering existing relationships through phone and web-based sales and service engagements.
The IW and the RVP will work a territory development plan together that is designed to grow sales and ensure success in both roles. This position will allow you to be part of a team that is focused on growth while getting your foot in the door of a company with advancement opportunities within.
What Success Looks Like:
- Strong ability to establish and maintain ongoing relationships with Regional Vice Presidents (RVP) with a common goal of increasing company's share of mutual funds, annuity, retirement and insurance solutions.
- Provide dedicated sales support and service through proactive calling and web-based meetings
- Document activity in the CRM system (i.e. appointments, sales calls, monthly call campaigns and sales opportunities etc.).
- Actively participate in the development and successful execution of the territory business plan.
- Productively work together and collaborate with other home office departments
- Demonstrate excellent listening skills to better assess a representative's needs and determine the type of sales support necessary to accomplish the objective and add value to the products.
- Keep the Sales Desk Manager appraised of any training or development needs that will result in greater performance and personal growth.
- Other duties as assigned
The Expertise We Are Looking For:
- BS or BA degree required or equivalent industry experience.
- Currently holds Series 6/7 Securities License
- Must have Series 63 or obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Intermediate level computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite etc.
At Transamerica, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
What You Receive:
- Build a Successful Career: As an Internal Wholesaler, not only are you rewarded for your performance, but you will also have an opportunity to develop and foster the necessary skills that will enable you to continually advance in your career.
- A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
- Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
- Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well, a Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above average and beyond approach to our customers