Job Description Summary
The people of Transamerica bring expertise, creativity, heart and diverse thought to everything that we do-and to the communities where we live and work Do you have a passion for overseeing credited interest rate setting policies and procedures? Do you want to lead an inforce management team? Are you interested in interpreting and reporting actuarial and financial information to senior leadership?If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!Job Description
What You Will Do:
As a Director you are responsible for one actuarial area within a function, such as pricing and product development, inforce management, valuation and financial reporting, modeling, or asset/liability management. You may serve as the head Product Actuary, Illustration Actuary, Valuation Actuary, Risk Management Actuary or other senior level actuarial position within a function.
What You Will Learn:
You will increase your ability to build and maintain strong relationships across Transamerica. You will learn to promote a Future Fit mindset including Acting as One, Accountability, Agility and Customer Centricity.
What Success Looks Like:
- Interpret, prepare and present key actuarial information to advise Senior Management to make properly informed decisions.
- Typically a management role guiding the work of other actuaries or doing the most complex technical actuarial tasks requiring significant knowledge and experience.
- Interpret and explain actuarial and financial information.
- Provide guidance and advice regarding technical actuarial issues such as pricing rates, modeling methodology, reserving principles and related matters.
- Drive key projects to completion by providing leadership and direction to individuals both inside and outside the organization. Generally, leads several key recurring projects throughout the year.
- Review synthetic GIC investment guidelines and related change requests to evaluate risk level and provide recommendations/approvals.
- Oversee credited interest rate setting policies and procedures.
- Lead the development of actuarial talent within the organization.
- Represent the company on industry and professional committees and/or with regulators.
- Manage a team of employees
What You Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field, and 10+ years of related actuarial experience. In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Master’s in a listed discipline and 8 years experience. FSA and American Academy of Actuaries membership.
- Demonstrates high quality leadership, judgment, organization and prioritization skills.
- Exhibits effective management skills to motivate and develop a staff.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences.
- Understand company priorities and adapt to changing needs
- Solid understanding of capital markets and risk/return profiles of various assets.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.