Job Description Summary
The Electronic Enrollment Specialist resolves and communicates findings on department-related policy level research questions from the electronic enrollment team members and internal/external customers. Participates in the development and testing of electronic enrollment processes, system enhancements, and products.Job Description
- Act as a primary resource for policy level issues and procedures for the electronic enrollments.
- Review pending or rejected electronic applications to determine cause of error or file discrepancy.
- Determine whether application needs to be reviewed by Underwriting or moved to a finalized status.
- Review accuracy of case set up to ensure setup is complete from the application level (coverage types, issue limits, rates, search keys, etc.). Coordinate necessary corrections with Client Relationship Manager or Account Implementation Specialist.
- Support and execute complex research tasks and communicate the results.
- Identify and suggest improvements to electronic processes to ensure a quality product is produced.
- Assist with application level testing/implementation of new products and builds, and enhancements to existing electronic enrollment systems.
- Coordinate and report identified system problems or needed changes to management and department Business Analyst (BA).
- Work with the electronic enrollment BA to assist with running and analyzing EE file emulation results and EE01 set up review.
- Receive IT reports (Jetpols and other EE reports) regarding pending, issued or rejected policies/certificates. Work to resolve outstanding issues, ensuring pending policies are processed within department standards.
- Establish and maintain excellent communication with Client Relationship Managers, Account Implementation Specialists, Underwriting, electronic enrollment BA, and related business units.
- Associate’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience
- Three years of experience in the insurance industry
- Basic understanding of underwriting concepts
- Knowledge of voluntary life or health insurance products and related insurance systems
- Communication skills to interact with all levels of management
- Strong proficiency using MS Word and Excel
- Account management, new business, or related experience
- Experience using MS Access