Job Description Summary
Provides leadership in the development of new web and cloud technologies to support an agile digital business. Defines enterprise web and cloud strategies, grow capabilities, and develops the team by providing technology vision and leadership, career development, and mentoring in design, framework and platform decisions. Defines and communicates delivery plans, manage team budgets, and partners with leaders in key business and IT groups to deliver value through efficient use of development resources.Job Description
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to the development teams to deliver quality solutions utilized by multiple lines of business. Continue to drive the team toward delivery of the best end to end design solutions for the enterprise.
- Interact with executive management to develop strategic direction for the department and functional areas.
- Partner with senior leadership and stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Provide clear direction by translating strategic priorities and goals into defined tactical action plans and milestones. Work with cross functional leaders to understand and influence business strategy, set priorities, and define technology goals.
- Act as a strategist and champion for enterprise architecture and design principles.
- Lead white board discussions and presentations with key stakeholders, executive leadership, and enterprise architecture team.
- Identify opportunities to utilize third-party software development frameworks, open source libraries, and APIs in agile, and speed to market focused development for business partners.
- Ensure high quality service is achieved by providing oversight, monitoring key performance indicators, internal controls, and keeping abreast of market events and industry changes. Bring a passion to stay on top of technical trends, experiment with new technologies, and participate in internal and external technology communities.
- Act quickly and appropriately to solve problems, bring clarity, and minimize the impact of unforeseen circumstances.
- Drive a culture of change and innovation which constructively challenges the status quo and leads to prudent experimentation. Have a growth mindset with the ability to adopt new practices and spearhead adoption.
- Oversee the quality, delivery, performance, cost, and scope for cloud and web development initiatives.
- Develop staff through coaching, provide timely performance feedback and assessments and establish performance and development plans. Mentor current and future leaders, ensuring a constantly rising bar in technical excellence and professional growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, math, engineering, or other technical field, or equivalent experience
- Ten years of experience with database design techniques/philosophies, modern distributed applications, and microservices
- Eight years of experience in delivery of large-scale design projects involving interaction with a broad spectrum of enterprise operational functions
- Six years of experience managing a diverse team and leading cross-functional teams.
- Strong background in the execution of DevOps methodologies and continuous integration/continuous deliver, and accomplishments in architecture and strategy.
- Experience managing vendor relationships, including product/service evaluation, contract negotiations, and on-going relationship management
- Familiarity with modern UI development frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Vue.js) and web technologies (e.g. HTTP, HTML, JS, CSS)
- Results oriented with a strong customer focus
- Strong communication skills to delivery highly relevant and effective information to the Board, executives, and employees.
- Ability to synthesize ambiguous and complex information in a way the leads to substantive actionable outcomes.
- Proactive mindset to drive change, question assumptions and push for innovation solutions.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical communication skills and the ability to present information to all levels of the organization
- Problem-solving and technical communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment and identify, define, and resolve organizational issues
- Creative analytical thinker
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines
- Master’s degree
- Experience with advanced analytics and machine learning concepts and technology implementations
- Understanding of big data and real time data processing architecture and ecosystems
- Experience with solution architecture and implementation
- Technology or platform certifications (e.g. AWS, Microsoft)
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
- Office environment.
- Work outside of normal business hours may be required
- Frequent travel