Job Description Summary
The Director of Enterprise Architecture is focused on leading the development of modern architectures to enable a data-driven digital business. Define data strategies, grow our capabilities, and develop the enterprise data platform team by providing technology vision and leadership, career development, mentoring to team members, and guidance in architectural and design decisions. Define and communicate delivery plans, manage team budget, and partner with other leaders within key business and IT groups to deliver value through the efficient use of engineering resources.Job Description
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to the enterprise data platform team to deliver quality solutions utilized by multiple lines of business. Drive the team toward delivery of the best data processing infrastructure for the enterprise.
- Act as a strategist and champion for enterprise architecture and design principles.
- Partner with senior leadership/stakeholders and provide clear direction by translating strategic priorities and goals into defined tactical action plans and milestones. Work with cross functional leaders to understand and influence business strategy, set priorities, and define technology goals.
- Identify opportunities related to data assets, and champion the development of a real time, self-service, analytically driven business model; utilize business intelligence solutions, data visualization, big data, data marts and data warehouse systems to improve business processes, solve business problems and enhance decision making capabilities.
- Ensure high quality service is achieved by providing oversight, monitoring key performance indicators and internal controls, and keeping abreast of market events and industry changes. Bring a passion to stay on top of technical trends, experiment with new technologies, and participate in internal and external technology communities.
- Act quickly and appropriately to solve problems, bring clarity, and minimize the impact of unforeseen circumstances.
- Drive a culture of change and innovation which constructively challenges the status quo and leads to prudent experimentation. Have a growth mindset with the ability to adopt new practices and spearhead adoption.
- Partner across technical platform ownership to define and drive the on premise and cloud information management strategy.
- Oversee the quality, delivery, performance, cost and scope for architecture initiatives.
- Develop staff through coaching, performance feedback, and assessments; establish performance and development plans. Mentor current and future leaders, ensuring a constantly rising bar in technical excellence and professional growth
- Lead white board discussions and presentations with key stakeholders, executive leadership and enterprise architecture team.
- Cultivate a culture of technical and architectural excellence with an emphasis on quality and execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, engineering, MIS, or equivalent experience
- Ten years of collective experience in the application of architecture, enterprise roadmaps, analytics, cloud, IT strategies, innovation, SAFE, TOGAF and data integration concepts and methodologies
- Eight years of experience delivering large-scale data projects in collaboration with a broad spectrum of enterprise operational functions
- Six years of experience managing a diverse team of direct reports and leading cross-functional teams
- Strong background in architecture and strategy
- Strong background executing DevOps methodologies and continuous integration/continuous delivery within a large scale data delivery environment
- Experience in vendor management including product/service evaluation, contract negotiation, and on-going relationship management
- Familiarity with data science techniques and frameworks
- Skilled in detailed-oriented delivery management; results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
- Communication skills to deliver relevant and effective technical and non-technical information to the Board, executives, and employees
- Leadership capability to influence all levels of management
- Strong analytical skills and creative thinker to synthesize ambiguous and complex information in a way that leads to substantive actionable outcomes
- Proficiency driving change, questioning assumptions and pushing for innovative solutions
- Ability to work in a complex, highly matrixed environment, and identify, define, and resolve organizational issues.
- Master’s degree
- Experience with advanced analytics and machine learning concepts and technology implementations
- Experience with data analysis and using data visualization tools to describe data
- Understanding of big data and real time streaming analytics processing architecture and ecosystems
- Experience with data warehousing architecture and implementation, including hands on experience with source to target mappings and developing ETL code
- Technology or platform certifications (e.g. AWS, Microsoft)
- Office environment
- Frequent travel