Job Description Summary
Are you an experienced Finance professional, with an interest in Risk Assessment and Risk Management? Are you tired of completing the same work every quarter? Would you like to apply your experience across all of finance? Come join Transamerica as a Lead Management Specialist!
In this position, you will provide subject matter expertise on the day-to-day execution of the operational risk management program in the Finance and Actuarial functional areas to ensure appropriate risk considerations are in place and practiced including the identification, assessment, monitoring, and reporting of key risks. The role will be tasked with executing risk assessments, assessing controls, advising, and developing and maintaining relationships with the business across three lines of defense.Job Description
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deep subject-matter expertise in risks, controls, and understanding of the business landscape.
- Partner with business to lead the execution of risk assessments across business lines.
- Lead the execution of risk assessment activities across various organizational functions, programs, projects, processes, etc.
- Lead risk issue management activities, including risk identification, root cause analysis, action
plan status monitoring, and reporting of outcomes to management.
- Collaborate and challenge process owners during the development of action plans to assess
adequacy of actions taken by management.
- Lead the execution of Risk & Control Self Assessments (RCSA) via review and challenge of
inherent/residual risk scoring, risk mitigation, review control design and execution.
- Collaborate with peers in the Risk Management function, and various partners and
stakeholders throughout the organization (e.g. line and functional management, compliance,
IT, Internal Audit).
- Navigate company Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) tool and facilitate the business education and usage to record, update and report on various risk issues, risk events, action plans, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or relevant field
- Eight years of experience working in Finance, operational risk management or internal controls related positions
- Strong knowledge and/or prior experience in the insurance or financial services industry.
- Ability to present and interact with various levels of management and to build relationships with people at all levels
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience with risk management principles and techniques including development of process flows, identification and assessment of risks and controls, testing and monitoring procedures, and development of related metrics
- One or more of the following certifications, or equivalent:
- (CPA) Certified Public Accountant.
- (CIA) Certified Internal Auditor
- Office environment
- Moderate travel